Internship UNDP Accelerator LAB
Interns are subject to the relevant rules and policies of the UN and UN Development Programme (UNDP).
The intern is not permitted to provide any work-related information to any person and/or entity formally and/or informally without the consent of the UNDP.This is a full-time internship, the intern is expected to work all week days.
Duties and Responsibilities
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Turkey Accelerator Lab (AccLab), the intern will:
- Assist the AccLab Team on administrative tasks in preparation of files, reports, records, proper filing and analysis.
- Provide research, writing and editing support on issues related to social media and communication activities.
- Design posters, booklets, brochures, etc. for social media and other communication channels.
- Assist the preparation of minutes of meetings in Turkish/English and translate short documents from English to Turkish (and vice versa) and provide interpretation at meetings when necessary.
- Assist in the administration and implementation of the daily Lab activities.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the organization of events, workshops, meetings, trainings and conferences.
- Prepare lists and draft short reports and prepare documentation.
- Support the preparation of newsletters, blogs, e-discussions or any other knowledge products.
- Other relevant tasks as deemed necessary by the supervisors.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Ability to work under pressure against strict deadlines
- Ability to think out-of-the-box
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants must at the time of application meet all of the following requirements:
- Have graduated with a university or master’s degree in fields such as graphic design, communications, media, design or similar departments
- Fluency in English and Turkish
- Excellent design and visual communication skills
- Excellent drafting and written and verbal communication skills in both English and Turkish
- Excellent computer literacy in standard software applications (MS Office Suite).
- Proficient knowledge in using graphic design software (Adobe suite, Canva, and others).
- Proficiency in the use of digital and social media platforms.
- Sensitivity to political, cultural and national differences and adaptability to multicultural environments.
- Applicants at the time of application are expected to meet one of the following requirements: a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in the fields such as graphic design, communications, media, design or similar departments.
- Acquaintance with UNDP rules and procedures is an asset.
Remuneration and Insurance
Internships within the UN system are subject to conditions the applicant must get familiar with before signing his/her internship agreement.
Starting from January 2020 interns will receive stipends according to UN rules and regulations.
Any further costs associated with the internship must be borne by the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his or her arrangements for travel, accommodation and other costs.