Video producer/editor Consultant (multiple positions)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The UN Women Country Office (CO) Kazakhstan is based in Nur-Sultan. CO programming includes support to Government and civil society organizations in the development and implementation of innovative approaches aimed at achieving gender equality and women’s empowerment. In Kazakhstan, UN Women supports efforts of the national partners and UN agencies in implementation of gender equality commitments in compliance with the UN human rights conventions ratified by Kazakhstan. It provides strong and coherent technical support of gender equality priorities in national and UN efforts and support to build effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors. It strengthenscoordination on gender equality and women’s empowerment programming and enhances cooperation for gender responsive post-2015 development agenda’s implementation (Sustainable Development Goals, focusing on SDG 5) at the national and sub-regional levels.Reporting to the UN Women Kazakhstan’s Communications Analyst, the Consultant will work in close collaboration with and Programme colleagues of the Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultants will work under the supervision of UN Women Communications Analyst with matrix management of Programme Management Specialists.
The video producer/editor will work together with hiring unit and UN Women Communications Focal Point to execute the concept through production. She/He will be responsible for lighting, at times downloading footage as well as the audit and images captured by the video. The main activities of the consultancy will include, but not limited to the events at the regional level unless assigned to support targeted activities at the national and international level.
The consultant under this contract is required to:
- Take videos of events/field visits/interviews of partners/representatives
- Upon request perform editing and logging of footage linked to UN Women work.
- Perform video post-processing to edit videos to produce professional products.
Final products and deliverablesVideos of key events and/or side events of the UN Women Kazakhstan CO or as UN Women Regional Office’s given assignments.Specific requirement for videography:
- Script/storyline and storyboard tailored to local and international audiences as approved by UN Women;
- Deliverables meet technical standards of High Definition broadcasting;
- All footage should be shot full HD (16:9) 1080p50 or 1080p60;
- Compression H.264/MPEG4 video at 12,000 Kbps (minimum) bitrate and high definition broadcast quality, or better;
- AAC Audio at 256 KBps with no out of sync issue, distortion, reverb and other audio issues.
- For cut piece a SPLIT TRACK AUDIO (natural sound and voice/narration on one track, music and sound effects, if any, on the other track) should be submitted;
- In case subtitling is required, final outputs should be submitted in three versions: Version 1 clean (no subtitles or graphics); Version 2 with subtitle and Version 3 without subtitles.
- Raw video footage, B-Roll used in the production of the final video;
- The consultant will need to abide by UN Women Communications policies and guidelines, including UN Women’s Branding Guidelines and Identity Standards and UN Women’s Digital accessibility guidance.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Set up audio and/or video equipment for in-house and external location shoots.
- Set up lighting as required/if any, to provide a professional set for video production.
- Obtain signed releases from interview subjects as required by UN Women.
- Operate video cameras, video/audio equipment to produce high quality products.
- Perform video post-processing to edit and generate video and/or audio effects to produce professional products.
- Ensure appropriate licensing of any third-party materials (music, stock photos or footage, graphics) as approved by UN Women.
In order to perform its duties, the video producer/editor will need to own or have access to editing equipment and software.The time required for the consultancy is 2 years. For upcountry or oversea assignments, UN Women will be responsible for the accommodation and travel expenses if any cost incurred during assigned period.
The consultant will be engaged under a retainer contract, which facilitate direct engagement of the consultant depending on need and availability within the contract period for a pre-agreed fee.
Core Values:- Respect for Diversity- Integrity- ProfessionalismCore Competencies:- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues- Accountability- Creative Problem Solving- Effective Communication- Inclusive Collaboration- Stakeholder Engagement- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies:http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/unwomen-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum secondary education, bachelor’s degree in relevant field (communication, journalism, videography, etc.) is preferred
- At least 5 years of proven working experience in filming, video production and editing with a record of providing high-quality, creative work for clients.
- Experience in producing videos for major international broadcasters or the United Nations, governments, or international non-profits or for advocacy campaigns.
- Experience on the development of products related to gender equality, women’s empowerment is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Kazakh and Russian. English is an asset.
EvaluationApplications will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis.
- Technical Qualification (100 points) weight; [70%]
- Financial Proposal (100 points) weight; [30%]
Consultants will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of qualifications and financial proposal. The candidates must possess following minimum qualification criteria. Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Evaluation Criteria
5: secondary education
5: bachelor degree in relevant study field
B) Substantive experience and skills
10: 5 years of relevant experience
20: 5-10 years of relevant experience
30: more than 10 years of relevant experience
C) Quality of work portfolio
0: without experience
0-20: demonstrated experience
D) Reporting writing, editing and language skills
0: no relevant knowledge
0-10: proven knowledge
Total Obtainable Score
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates should apply via jobs-admin.undp.org.
The application should include:
- Cover letter to include a brief overview in English (unedited text) about which of your previous experiences makes you the most suitable candidate for the advertised position.
- P11 with past experience in similar assignments; can be downloaded at https://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment/application-process a signed copy should be submitted.
- Financial Proposal (Specifying a total lump sum amount for the tasks specified in this Terms of Reference). The financial proposal shall represent daily rate in KZT.
- Previous Work - The candidate should provide a portfolio with at least 3 examples of graphic design, including publication layout and infographics developed in the last two years, preferably using and transforming data into user friendly format and messages.
Only candidates who have passed the preliminary selection will be informed.
Kindly note, that the system will only allow one attachment, hence all supporting documents e.g. P11, CV, cover letter must be scanned as one attachment. Applications without the completed UNDP P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.