Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Dar-es-Salaam
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 25-MAY-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
UNESCO Dar es Salaam is seeking to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to coordinate monitoring and evaluation activities of the project on “ Empowering Adolescent Girls and Young Women through Education in Tanzania”, in line with international best practices and relevant organizational guidelines.Long Description
Objectives of the position:
The main objective of the assignment is to provide support to the implementation of activities of the project on “Empowering Adolescent girls and Young Women through education In Tanzania”
Specific Objectives are:
- Monitoring to ensure data is collected by appropriate staff and analysed timely to track the extent at which project targets are met.
- Coordinate the undertaking of the final project evaluation in collaboration with the UNESCO HQ and Dar es Salaam Offices in accordance with the donor agreement.
Specifically the specialist shall:
- Work closely with the Head of Office and the Project Officer to develop and/or review monitoring and evaluation tools for the project.
- Build the capacity of project staff on the use of monitoring and data collection tools, analysis and use.
- Support measuring and documentation of progress and performance on indicators and achievement of milestones, targets, outcomes, as well as lessons learned.
- Support the generation of timely and quality donor reports
- Support the documentation of case studies and lessons learnt.
- Conduct regular field visits for timely and quality monitoring of the activities and effective use of the monitoring tools.
- Provide updates to the Head of Office and the Project Officer on findings from monthly monitoring visits and any issues related to monitoring in the field in a timely manner.
Result oriented monthly reports with clear and concise results achieved and recommendations to be taken to overcome challenges encountered during project implementation.
The assignment will last for 7 Months; June – December 2021.
Note: The consultant shall be required to work between 12 – 15 days per month.Long Description COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) Professionalism (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- At least MA in education, sociology, Social Phycology or related field;
- Knowledge and experience of no less than 7 years working on education programmes at national, regional and local level; and with government of Tanzania.
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of donor funded programmes
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision; and
- Excellent writing skills as well as verbal communication skills (in English and Kiswahili).
- Proven experience with similar assignments in Tanzania
- Effective inter-personal skills, leadership, team player, ability to maintain excellent client relations; and
- Experience working with communities and schools
Knowledge of UN and its internal processes is an added advantage.APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now”, and download and complete the Employment History form (Word document).
Before uploading the document, at the end of the Word document, please insert extra pages with the following required information:
An up-to-date CV stating details of educational qualifications, work experience, including prior experience of similar work.
A brief proposal (1-3 pages) discussing the approach/methodology to undertake the assignment and the proposed fee.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.