Bangui (Central African Republic)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Medical Officer (MINUSCA), the Electro-medical Technician shall carry out the following tasks:
- Apply theories and techniques of hospital and electro-medical engineering by managing, maintaining and repairing hospital equipment of all MINUSCA UNOE medical facilities.
- In collaboration with the MINUSCA Medical Cell Property Management Assistant, keep record of stocks and account for all dental, radiological, laboratory and theatre machines/equipment and other related equipment according to recommended guidelines.
- Ensure the installation and efficient performance of newly acquired hospital equipment in the MINUSCA Hybrid facilities and other UNOE clinics.
- Ensure the routine maintenance and repairing of dental, laboratory, radiological and other hospital equipment/machines in order to ensure their efficient performance in MINUSCA UNOE medical facilities.
- Assist the MINUSCA Medical Cell Pharmacist in the requisition of spare or replacement parts for faulty hospital equipments/machines and other matters related to hospital/electro-medical engineering.
- Carry out relevant and regular reporting as required for proper management of all hospital equipment of MINUSCA UNOE medical facilities.
- Assist in the organisation of continuous training on hospital equipment/machines and other related matters to related medical personnel of the MINUSCA UNOE medical facilities.
- Carry out other related tasks and duties as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer MINUSCA.
- The Electro-medical Technician shall not communicate to anyone whatsoever or use to his/her advantage any information, documents, facts and communication which shall come to your knowledge in the course of this appointment, except with the permission of the Chief Medical Officer MINUSCA
- When working with (including supervising) national staff or (non-)governmental counterparts, the incumbent should set aside dedicated time for training, coaching, mentoring and capacity development.
Diploma Program (4 years), Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate or Bachelor's Degree in hospital engineering or electro-medical engineering from an accredited tertiary institution.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
At least 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and/or international level in electro-medical engineering and logistics management. Knowledge and understanding of relevant UN administrative policies and procedures is desirable. Previous experiences from UN missions or any UN agency are an asset.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team of international and national personnel.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- French(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Communication, Judgement and Decision-making, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 09-05-2021