Play Well Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Bidibidi - Yumbe District
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, providing relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. In Uganda, IRC serves South Sudanese and Congolese refugees and other populations affected by conflict in Northern Uganda, West Nile, Kampala Urban, South western Uganda and Karamoja sub-region. The IRC is implementing programs in the sectors of Health, Protection and Rule of Law (PRoL), Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE), Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) and Education. IRC currently operates field Offices in Lamwo, Yumbe, Terego (Imvepi), Kampala, Rhino camp, Kyegeggwa and Moroto districts.
Working under the supervision and guidance of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer, the M&E Assistant will be based in IRC Field Office in Bidibidi with frequent field travels to Lamwo (Palabek settlement). The M&E Assistant will work closely with all program staff in the field to implement the IRC M&E commitments, improve program quality through enhanced data management systems and processes. The position will support measurement in the Field Office. The Assistant will support the M&E officer in managing day to day M&E tasks arising in the Field Office and providing technical support to field teams to ensure effective implementation of the project.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist in routine data collection and entry for various project interventions implemented in the field and ensure that complete, accurate, clean, and consistent data is shared with the M&E Officer for data analysis and action planning.
- Ensure proper filing and storage of M&E documents including questionnaires, monitoring reports, datasets, among others.
- Participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified.
- Submit to the M&E Officer weekly and monthly updates on M& E activities conducted in the field.
- With support from the M&E Officer, conduct capacity building and mentorship to field staff in M&E.
- Keep the M&E database up-to-date and support program staff prepare periodic high-quality reports.
- Assist program staff during survey planning and implementation especially preparing logistics needed, participating in data collection and cleaning.
- Develop project monitoring and evaluation tools with support from M&E Officer and Project Lead.
- Work with Play Well distribution officer to develop robust M&E tools and systems to monitor different distribution channels.
- Keenly track project progress through standardized data collection tools and methodologies
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines.
- Support M&E officer in the compilation of Monthly, Quarterly, Biannual, and annual reports through provision of timely accurate and updated data.
- Support project teams to prepare activity reports and documentation of best practices, lessons learnt, assessment reports.
- Support the implementation of IRC’s MEAL standards including the Monitoring for action (MFA) standards in field sites.
Standards for Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct.These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.Deadline for receiving applications is May 17th,2021