Reimagine Education Officer
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Chief of Education or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV expert will:
- Lead the process for the development of a Theory of Change/Results Framework and a prepare corresponding workplan vis-à-vis the Reimagine Education Fund, referencing on various education landscape analysis (i.e. Basic Education Sector Analysis, ICT in ALS situation analysis, EdTech Ecosystem Report, etc.), and with the support of UNICEF education staff and UNICEF IT and KIDDS teams, and in consultation with relevant government agencies and education technology experts.
- Develop Concept Notes, Terms of Reference, project design document, knowledge management (collecting good practices), and other programme-related, as needed
- Propose schemes on engaging CSOs, education technology experts, IT specialists, and other groups for identified interventions
- Execute required tasks in relation to internal contracting/partnership processes
- Coordinate with contracted individuals/organizations and implementing partners to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the identified interventions
- Undertake program visits and produce monthly progress reports and a final report
- Ensure that the planned intervention/s are aligned with and will support the achievement of the overall educational goals and targets set forth in Basic Education (Formal Education and Alternative Learning System) policy documents, plans, and programmes.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Completion of University Degree courses related to education, education technology, instructional/learning design, development studies/management.
A minimum of combined five (5) years of work experience in various aspects of instructional/learning design and education technology and project management. Demonstrated technical writing skills.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Filipino(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Digital learning (desired)
- Education planning (desired)
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
! FOR National UN Volunteer assignments ONLY
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of above mentioned Country and legal residents with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
The National UN Volunteer Specialist receives approximately PHP 36,997.67 as Monthly Living Allowance.
For more infornation about UNV Conditions of Service and Entitlements, please refer to the following:
Application deadline: 14-05-2021