Talent Engagement Analyst - Communications and Partnerships
UNDP is the UN Development Programme and works in more than 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. UNDP helps countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results. UNDP supports the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as they help shape global sustainable development.
In 2019 UNDP launched its new people strategy called People for 2030. One of the key People for 2030 objectives is to enhance UNDP’s capacity to attract, assess and select people with the right skills, knowledge, and attitude. In order to achieve this, UNDP is developing strategies to attract and select the best talent, including offering a seamless candidate experience and positioning the organization as an employer of choice.
- An Employer Value Proposition has been developed with a clear and compelling statement for why people would come and work with UNDP and will be used as a platform for recruitment communication and marketing campaigns. A social media strategy aimed at engaging and attracting talent is being developed for roll-out in early 2021, and a new UNDP Careers website is being developed and will be launched in 2021.
- Targeted outreach strategies are being developed to source candidates from under-represented groups (people with disabilities, nationalities, gender etc), professional groups, and passive candidates, leveraging digital platforms, social media and networks (professional, alumni, universities).
The Talent Acquisition and People Programmes Unit (TAPP):
The Talent Acquisition and People Programmes Unit (TAPP) in Copenhagen was established in 2020 and is part of UNDP’s Office of Human Resources (OHR). TAPP works to enable the development of new strategic staffing and talent acquisition initiatives with a view to build a Centre for Excellence in Talent Acquisition and Management that caters to UN system agency clients as well as other potential partners
TAPP collaborates in an integrated manner with all OHR units, and in particular with the Central Recruitment Unit, Talent Development Unit, Career and Succession Management Unit, and Organizational Effectiveness Unit.
Within the above overall context, the incumbent to this position will contribute to the implementation and further development of activities related to talent acquisition strategies, with a focus on recruitment marketing and dedicated strategies/programmes aimed at diversity and under-represented groups, as well as assessment and selection activities.
The incumbent will report to the Partnerships and Talent Outreach Specialist, and will be a team member of the TAPP team located in Copenhagen.
Duties and Responsibilities
Talent Engagement Network activities (50%)
Coordinate and further develop the following networks/initiatives:
- UNDP Brand Ambassador initiative, where identified UNDP employees will engage in sharing stories and other experiences/content on the social media to help promoting UNDP as an Employer of Choice.
- UNDP Career Ambassador initiative, where students from selected universities support engagement of early talent, promote UNDP’s internships and job opportunities in their universities, and provide peer advice to students on job/career opportunities with UNDP.
- JPO Alumni Association (JAA) which groups several thousand former Junior Professional Officers (JPO) at all levels in their professional careers today.
Recruitment marketing and HR communication activities (20%)
- Support the implementation of the UNDP Employer Value Proposition (EVP) Communication and Marketing Strategy to attract high quality applicants.
- Plan and manage brand awareness and recruitment campaign for the network initiatives. Design and implement a content strategy for these networks, and ensure user generated content.
- Design the onboarding and skills-share webinars for the students and brand ambassadors
- Ensure that the Brand Ambassadors are actively participating in the recruitment and overall UNDP brand awareness campaigns.
- Track, measure and report on campaign results.
- Support management of UNDP’s career website, suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Support OHR/TAPP social media presence and strengthen UNDP as an employer of choice.
- Keep abreast of new trends in social media channels.
- Build and establish synergies with UN social media working in similar fields (UN Youth Initiatives).
Dedicated strategies/programme activities aimed at diversity and under-represented groups (20%)
- Contribute to the implementation of the Action Plan towards under-represented partner countries.
- Provide input to and coordinate other initiatives related to diversity and under-represented groups.
- Design outreach and communication campaigns for targeted groups.
Other TAPP related activities (10%)
- Participate in any other TAPP mandate-related activities as deemed necessary.
- Suggest ideas for improvement of candidate experience and engagement.
- Contribute to social media analytics and activity reporting and analysis.
- Innovation - Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Leadership - Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management - Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Communication - Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Delivery - Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Building Strategic Partnerships - Ability to maintain established networks of contacts, build and sustain effective relationships with internal and external entities.
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development -Ability to diagnose problems and identifies and communicates processes to support change initiatives.
- Social Media and Recruitment Marketing, Talent Engagement - Project management
- Experience in project management, design and development of results monitoring approaches.
- Reporting and Analysis - Ability to evaluate data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful manner.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent Advanced Degree in a related field of expertise such as Political Sciences, Human Resources, Development studies.
Relevant paid work experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant and paid experience in areas related to communication, partnerships, engagement, and/or talent acquisition strategies.
- Experience in leading consultation processes and engaging with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in web-based management and database management.
- Experience from the UN / international sector is a plus.
- Experience in early talent sector / student employment market in a plus.
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish would be an asset.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.