Administration Assistant_ Roster for Multiple Locations
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
|Contract Type||Fixed Term/ Short Term (Service Contract/ Special Service Agreement)|
|Position Title||Administration Assistant|
|Position Level||Grade 5|
|Duty Station||Multiple Locations in Myanmar|
|Opening Date of Application||04 May 2021|
|Closing Date of Application||18 May 2021|
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. At WFP, we are driven and defined by our mission to fight world hunger, save lives, feed people’s dreams of a brighter future, reduce risk and help enable people, communities and countries meet their own food and nutrition needs. WFP goes anywhere it’s needed and does what it takes to get the job done. You will find our people at the heart of every major humanitarian intervention around the world, providing the essential life-saving foundation required for those furthest behind. Each year, we reach an average of 80 million people with food assistance in around 80 countries. Delivering our mission requires deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team. While the 16,000-people working for WFP reflect the rich diversity of the world in which we work, the vital importance of our shared mission underpins a remarkably close community of purpose.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is offering life-changing job opportunities you are unlikely to find in other organizations. Working at WFP will give you the opportunity to work beyond your expectations, to be enriched by truly meaningful work and deepen your professional expertise.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has been presented in Myanmar since 1994 and is now focusing on helping the Government reach its national Zero Hunger Challenge by 2025. WFP’s work in the country is guided by three priorities: emergency preparedness and response; nutrition; and provision of social safety nets.
The Myanmar CSP 2018-2022 approved by the WFP Executive Board in November 2017 and it aims to contribute to three Strategic Outcomes that are aligned to four Strategic Results of SDG 2 (Zero Hunger) and SDG 17 (Partnerships for Development). A total of eight Activities are planned to be implemented to achieve the contributions to the three Strategic Outcomes. Under the Integrated Road Map (IRM) WFP has committed to a new way of working, linking not only all activities to the defined Strategic Outcomes, but also linking the resources used for implementing the activities to the results achieved.
Myanmar has poor logistical infrastructure and transport to remote locations where WFP implements its operations requires transport by boat, truck, and sometimes pirogues and porters. WFP Myanmar operates a network of 9 warehouses throughout the country.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Check the provision of a range of services, including facilities and light vehicle management, travel, protocol related, etc., maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
- Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
- Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Preferable to have minimum four years of experience with an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
• Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Business Support Services & Reporting||Exhibits ability to convert business plans into clear actions for team members to support the implementation of the program. Collects and reports data to draw out fact-based insights.|
|Internal Controls & Risk Management||Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to immediate client’s critical activities.|
|Resource Management||Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.|
|Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services||Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.|
|Customer Focus||Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This vacancy announcement is not tied to any currently open position or any specific duty station. It is a Roster for qualified applicants to express their interest for future Admin Assistant positions. All applications received will be reviewed and go through a selection process to assess relevant experience and qualifications. Applicants who meet the selection criteria may be contacted for further interviews or assessments and to confirm their interest and availability.
This post is opened for Myanmar Nationals Only. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP. http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.