Learning and Development Specialist/ Learning Designer and Producer Specialist – Various Profiles
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations, and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Human Resources Division (CSH) develops, recommends and facilitates the implementation of human resources policies, procedures and services and advises management on appropriate measures and strategies to ensure that the Organization attracts, develops and retains a diverse, skilled and highly motivated workforce. CSH administers the Organization's human resources management programmes, in particular in the areas of human resources policy development, position management, recruitment, mobility, training and social security.
FAO International Consultant and Call purpose
A consultant/PSA is engaged by the Organization to provide expertise, skills and/or knowledge for the performance of a specific task or piece of work, which would be short-term by nature. The assignment may involve full-time or part-time functions. The possibility of extension is subject to satisfactory performance and dependant on the availability of resources and the needs of the Organization. Home-based assignments can require travel and missions to HQ. Individuals who meet or exceed the requirements of the Call determined through an interview process will be included in the CSH divisional roster that will be used to source future vacancies within the technical requirements covered by the Call.
The purpose of this call is to identify suitable qualified and experienced consultants and/or PSA Subscribers to populate a roster for the following profiles:
• Learning and Development (Instructional Design) Specialist
• Learning Designer and Producer (Instructional Technology) Specialist
Selected applicants will work under the overall guidance of the Senior Human Resources Officer, and under the direct/functional supervision of the Human Resources Officer, working in close collaboration with other FAO Divisions.
Area: Learning and development
Focus: Design, implement and deliver training material/content and on-line learning initiatives for FAO’s corporate policies, functional and technical areas.
Tasks and responsibilities
The consultant/PSA will contribute and provide support to the implementation of CSH’s Learning and Development Programme of Work at global, regional and country level to internal clients according to the latest L&D trends and best practices, as well as manage communication and knowledge management activities related to learning initiatives.
The assigned tasks and responsibilities related to Learning and Development (Instructional Design) Specialist can include the following elements:
• Provide guidance and expertise to Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and to learning focal points on the development of learning solutions (e.g. learning needs analysis, formulation of learning objectives and KPIs, identification and development of appropriate design and delivery mechanism to meet needs of target audience, guidance in development of programmes, evaluation of learning outcomes and business impact);
• Ensure that best practice methods and approaches are reflected in the learning solutions created, and provide advice and guidance on the best use of a range of online learning tools (e.g.: Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, etc.);
• Carry out in depth pedagological analysis, scenarization of content, and storyboarding;
• Create compelling communication materials and processes to increase awareness and take-up of learning solutions and resources delivered;
• Guide and advise on how to leverage FAO’s Learning Technology Ecosystem to best effect;
• Assist in the creation of online and printable job aids, checklists, quick guides to increase on the job-application of concepts and tools by learners;
• Design and deliver training sessions;
• Advise internal clients on the conversion of face-to-face training into digital learning formats;
• Other projects and initiatives within the team, as required.
In addition to the above, the assigned tasks and responsibilities related to Learning Designer and Producer (Instructional Technology) Specialist can include the following elements:
• Design and produce online resources, training curriculum/activities centred around current and emerging instructional technology and workforce trends;
• Support Learning Specialists and SMEs to evaluate learning needs, recommend the best possible solution and develop e-tools, eLearning courses and videos;
• Create infographics, videos, audio voiceover, interactive simulation, creative text and animated learning solutions;
• Develop assessment activities to validate programming and training;
• Integrate resources as appropriate with FAO’s Learning Management System – Cornerstone OnDemand;
• Analyse current and emerging technologies for viability within instructional/classroom settings (e.g. mobile app, VR, etc);
• Support the internal learning technology team in implementing enhancements to the current LMS towards ensuring an upgraded learning experience;
• Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in Learning and Development, Learning Technology, Adult Education, Instructional Design, Human Resources, Computer Science/Education or related field;
• 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the development and delivery of blended on-line learning solutions and other instructional/training materials.
For PSA: Working knowledge of English.
For Consultants: Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the following, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and accomplish tasks with follow-through to completion;
• Knowledgeable and up to date on latest trends in learning and development and how these can be applied;
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate and influence across different levels and diverse teams in the Organization;
• Excellent analytical and conceptual skills, as well as gender sensitive and cross-cultural competency;
• Proven ability to understand the needs of an organization and identify creative solutions;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Strong creative problems solving skills.
• Demonstrated experience in working across all phases of learning design and delivery in collaboration with SMEs and external vendors;
• Proven experience in managing training technology projects, in particular multilingual initiatives;
• Understanding of eLearning standards (SCORM) and accessibility guidelines;
• Experience in creating and delivering high impact communications, preferably on learning promotion;
• Experience in leveraging learning technology, online learning tools and LMS in the design and delivery of learning programmes;
• Technological knowledge in the fields of computer science/education, and the broad range of technologies used in multimedia environments.
Criteria (in addition to the above) related to Learning Designer and Producer (Instructional Technology) Specialist,
• Technical competence at an intermediate to advanced level across a range of learning tools, including authoring tools (Articulate Storyline 360, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Rise, Camtasia, Adobe Premier and InDesign) and LMS;
• Experience in using motion graphics animation software (e.g. Adobe After Effects or Vyond).
• A portfolio that showcases the candidate’s instructional design and multimedia production abilities;
• Working experience in UN agencies, major international organizations.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency