At Last Mile Health, we do things differently, despite the challenges. Do you have experience developing and implementing processes to drive operational success? If so, you may be the perfect fit for our Operations Manager position.
Reporting to the Program Director in Uganda, the Operations Manager plays a critical role in support of LMH’s work in Uganda by liaising with LMH’s global business services teams through the management of key operations workstreams at the country level; including procurement/logistics, compliance, people operations, and technical assistance.
In the first several months of this role, the Operations Manager will develop vendor relationships, support in the registration process of the organization and assist in building high functioning operational processes for the new Uganda country office.
What You'll Do
- Provide high level fleet management advice including optimal scheduling and fuel consumption reports
- Support team members with hardware and software management
- Support and build procurement and import processes for key programmatic supplies, assets and commodities as needed
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure all filings and reports (as they relate to operations or people operations) are submitted on time and complete to the government
- Review and renew office leases, commercial insurance, and vendor contracts
- Support Global Services and Uganda team in developing office specific operational policies and SOPs
- Provide technical advise to the Uganda country team on operational components of Programs implementation and planning.
What You'll Bring
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related field
- 5 years of professional experience in business operations, procurement, systems building and team coordination
- Demonstrated experience in supporting registration processes for organizations in Uganda
- Ability to work independently with support from a remote team
- Strong project management skills
- Attention to detail, deadlines, and quality of delivery
- Thrives in a fast-paced, start-up work environment, accepting of change and comfortable with ambiguity
You'll Impress Us If
- You have an understanding of operational requirements needed to work at the district level in Uganda
- You have previously worked in rural/remote areas
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.