International Consultant to Conduct the 2021 Post Campaign Coverage Survey
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
As part of the efforts to implement Eliminate Yellow Fever Epidemics (EYE) strategy, Nigeria has been conducting phased vaccination campaign to reach people aged 9 months to 44 years since October 2017. The country has also received approval and will be implementing a mini catch up Men A campaign in high risk states as well as a nationwide Measles follow up campaign
The objective of the Measles SIA is to reduce the measles transmission in Nigeria by achieving 95% measles vaccination coverage among children in all States, in line with the National Measles Elimination Strategic Plan. The objectives of the Yellow Fever Preventive Mass Vaccination Campaigns and Men A catch-ups include the attainment of 80% coverage in all implementing states.
The objective of these surveys is to determine the coverages of the campaigns, validate administrative data coverages at state level, identify subpopulation not vaccinated (EAs with Zero doses), reasons for non-vaccination and the strengths and weaknesses from the SIAs. PCCS is important to track and guide the immunization programme.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will support national authorities, partners and other appropriate stake-holders in the following specific tasks:
- Development of methodology (protocols) and design of tools for the post campaign coverage survey
- Support in the conduct of the SIAs post campaign coverage survey.
- Data analysis and reporting of the immunization coverage survey
- Ensure a very close functional relationship between the survey team as well as overall Health Information Management System Strengthening efforts.
- Perform other activities as required by WHO Representative
Essential: Maters degree in Medicine, Health Engineering, Health Statistics, Public Health or related field
Essential: At least 7 years’ experience in public health programmes in low-income countries, including specific experience in conducting population-based surveys and the planning, monitoring and/or evaluation of SIAs
- Prior working experience with international nongovernmental organization (INGOs), WHO/UN, health clusters partners, recognized humanitarian organizations.
- Experience with post-SIA coverage survey implementation, data management, and analysis would be an asset
- Experience with post-SIA coverage survey implementation, data management, and analysis would be an asset.
- Public speaking and communication
- Technical presentation skills
- Promotes WHO’s position in health leadership
- Communicates in a credible and effective way
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Producing results
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English