The Division of Information Technology provides support to the IAEA in the field of information and communication technology (ICT), including information systems for technical programmes and management. It is responsible for planning, developing and implementing an ICT strategy, for setting and enforcing common ICT standards throughout the Secretariat and for managing central ICT services. The IAEA's ICT infrastructure comprises hardware and software platforms, and cloud and externally-hosted services. The Division has implemented an IT service management model based on ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and Prince2 (Projects in a Controlled Environment) best practices.
The Infrastructure Services Section (ISS) is responsible for implementing, maintaining, and administering the ICT systems and services for high availability; designing, implementing, and operating IT security services; and managing the data centre. The platforms include Microsoft Windows servers, Linux servers, Oracle EBS infrastructure, data storage, and transmission networks, serving more than 2500 staff, as well as over 10000 external users around the world. The Section includes three Units\: Network and Telecommunications, Enterprise Systems, and Security Systems.
The purpose of the consultancy is to provide technical advice and expertise to support Single Sign On related project work
for the existing solution as well as the replacement product. The consultant will be serving as an IT Systems Engineer and
will provide technical expertise with regards to the Single Sign On infrastructure as well as related IT infrastructure.
Functions / Key Results Expected
• Provide technical advice on procurement process to select a new Single Sign On solution including technical review of offers
received, participation in demos, and on Proof Of Concept work if needed.
• Provide technical advice and ensure implementation of the new Single Sign On solution including integration with all applications
• Provide technical advice on migration of SharePoint based applications to the new SSO solution
from an infrastructure perspective.
• For existing Single Sign On solution (Broadcom Siteminder), complete review and documentation of environment
including SOPs for administration, customizations in place, and recommendations to maintain a stable environment.
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in computer science or other related fields, combined with minimum of 5 years of relevant
• Experience in configuration and administration of Broadcom Siteminder.
• Knowledge of other Single Sign On offerings such as Microsoft Azure AD B2C/B2B or Okta including
implementation, configuration, and administration.
• Knowledge in virtualization, networking, and hybrid infrastructure environments.
• Ability to convey complex technical IT infrastructure concepts to technical and non-technical audiences,
• Good oral and written command of English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese,
French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
The remuneration for this consultancy is a daily fee of up to a maximum of € 340, based on qualifications and experience. In case duty travel is required within the assignment, a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and travel costs are provided. Health coverage and pension fund are the responsibility of the incumbent.