Associate Fleet Management Officer
Bangui (Central African Republic)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
- Coordinate, manage and support all the fleet management activities in the Office.
- Implement effective fleet management that regularly monitors the fleet pool, saves cost and safeguards the investment of the organisation.
- Apply UNHCR's fleet management strategy when preparing plans for purchase of important fleet assets. Conduct spend analyses using historical spend data to identify trends that can be used to plan procurement activities and Frame Agreements.
- Plan for acquisition, maintenance and replacement of fleet assets. Develop local fleet management replacement strategies taking into account UNHCR short and medium term requirements.
- Coordinate activities of implementing partners and/or contractors performing fleet related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Respond to field requests for information and advice and coordinate responses from a range of HQ units to provide a clear, consistent and timely response to the field.
- Collect information both in the field and in HQ, to ensure relevant and appropriate information is gathered and shared. Promote an understanding of concerns, objectives and priorities for fleet related issues by providing information or expertise to interested parties.
- Infrastructure Support
- Provide fleet management reports, customised reports, and gathers information on all fleet assets and provides in-depth reports periodically and when requested.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of fleet related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in fleet related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Disseminate, promote commitment to and monitor compliance with UNHCR's global policies, standards and guidance on fleet management.
Type of Degree: Mechanical trade qualification or Engineering Certificate required; Basic Training Course for delegates or equivalent knowledge preferred.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
Three years of experience working in general logistics, including warehousing, transportation, customs clearance and procurement, and in managing and supporting staff. The following experience is preferred: in other UN organizations, working for a humanitarian aid organization in a developing country and/or working in fleet and transport management within UNHCR.
Computer skills: Computer literate; proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, etc); knowledge of publishing software an asset.
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills; good research and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN system;
- Skills on training and developing staff.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Three years of experience working in general logistics, including warehousing, transportation, customs clearance and procurement, and in managing and supporting staff. The following experience is preferred: in other UN organizations, working for a humanitarian aid organization in a developing country and/or working in fleet and transport management within UNHCR.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 16-05-2021