Knowledge Management Analyst
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP aspires to be on the cutting edge of policy analysis and knowledge sharing in Brazil. Knowledge management in UNDP is guided by a Knowledge Strategy that enables UNDP Brazil to share and leverage its knowledge and experience across government, private sector, civil society, UN agencies and other external partners.
The Knowledge Management Analyst will support UNDP Brazil Programme in the knowledge management of the Country Program Document (2017-2021), with particular focus on the 2030 Agenda, South-South Cooperation, Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women, Territorial Development, Sustainable Development, Justice, Citizen Security and Governance, Inclusive Growth & Social Policies. Under the supervision of the Strategic Planning Analyst, the KMA will liaise with the UNDP Communications Office and Knowledge Management Services Center at the Panamá Regional Service Centre to support the implementation of key activities and strategies in Brazil. The KMA will support UNDP Programme researching and designing high quality of knowledge products and tools and adapting Global Products to serve national purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Research / Content Development
- Elaborate reports on UNDP activities and results, working closely with the Resident Representative and Strategic Planning Officer, to produce the 2020 Report, Innovation Report and COVID 19 Report.
- Assist the conduction of research and analysis as required for UNDP Brazil products and services;
- Contribute to the improvement of existing knowledge products and conduct additional research as needed;
- Explore and design innovative ways of sharing UNDP knowledge, like apps, videos, info graphs;
- Manage UNDP knowledge of events and initiatives, suggesting innovative ways to convey UNDP products;
- Contribute to identify the appropriate advisors/contacts to respond UNDP Brazil needs;
- Provide ad hoc support to SPA on internal knowledge sharing meetings, performance metrics and other events/activities;
- Explore innovative ways to convey multidisciplinary knowledge in a synergic form.
- Transform projects’ and programme reports into innovative knowledge products;
- Systematize best practices and impactful results for dissemination, upscaling or replication.
- Support the SPA in providing strategic input into the development of the strategy on knowledge management and advocacy for resource mobilization purposes.
- Assist the SPA in preparing training and outreach material.
- Support the implementation of corporate requirements for the development of knowledge products and services;
- Explore ways to strengthen UNDP brand and themes in social media accounts (twitter, youtube, facebook, Instagram, etc…);
- Provide knowledge management training UNDP Brazil staff;
- Provides strategic input into development of corporate policies on knowledge building, sharing and networking, in collaboration with the Knowledge Management Team in headquarters;
Practice and Communications
- Update and maintain the quality, transparency and relevance of UNDP website, including information of projects and results.
- Collect content and prepare bi-monthly News Updates for partners;
- Design products in liaison with UNDP Communications office;
- Research, identify and disseminate success stories of UNDP Brazil with partners and appropriate networks and forums;
- Update/maintain information shared through UNDP social media accounts (Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, etc…); to develop, build and maintain a presence of UNDP on the web.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness, by modeling the UN/UNDP’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management Advocacy and Support:
- Demonstrated collaboration and knowledge management experience;
- Ability to carry out high-quality research and writing with demonstrated research, analytical and writing abilities; especially ability to write clearly and convincingly, adapting style and content to different audiences and to speak clearly and convincingly;
- Ability to design knowledge products;
- Ability to produce high quality inputs and outputs and in a timely manner while understanding and anticipating the evolving client needs;
- Effective web and Internet skills (knowledge of web language, software); knowledge of database systems and other IT applications. Uses information and internet technology applications effectively as a tool and a resource;
- Effective organizational and administrative skills; and ability to work independently;
- Sound judgment and the ability to manage competing priorities.
Communications, Partnership building and team work:
- Client and service oriented; ability to focus on impact and results for the client, promoting and demonstrating an ethic of client service;
- Demonstrated flexibility to excel in a multi-cultural environment;
- Proven ability to work proactively, independently and as part of a multi-sectoral team;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to new working environments; and work under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong presentation skills;
- Good negotiating and networking skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Masters’ Degree in statistics, social sciences, development communication, knowledge management, information architecture, or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within international organizations or other organizations in a capacity that involved work related to Knowledge Management and/or communications.
- Prior experience writing effectively on multidisciplinary knowledge products.
- Research, writing on topics of human rights, politics, democracy, public administration.
- Excellent computer skills and experience using the Internet and web based applications;
- Advanced knowledge of excel and/ or other statistical software;
- Proficiency in the usage of computer and office software packages including social media and web 2.0 platforms and tools.
- Proficiency in Portuguese and working knowledge at least in one other UNDP official language (especially English) is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.