Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Regional Adviser, TFI, or his/her
designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer International Specialist will:
1. Support the work of the TFI Unit in cessation related projects including the “100 million smokers
to quit” Global initiative in light of global commitments and the Guidelines of the WHO FCTC
2. Follow up with countries on their cessation work and different projects in this regard.
3. Develop workplans for cessation work at national and regional levels.
4. Follow up with external and internal partners in the implementation of different cessation project
• Support countries in the implementation of cessation projects.
• Develop and contribute to developing cessation products.
• Conduct other relevant work as deem needed.
Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in public health or area related to tobacco
control; a first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or
professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree;
• Required Experience: 2-3 years
• At least 2 year of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in public
health, or relevant field, or other relevant programmes; experience with tobacco control is an
asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
• Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
• Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and
collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and
youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of
communications for development;
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work
effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
• Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word,
etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
• Sound security awareness;
• Have affinity with or interest in tobacco control volunteerism as a mechanism for durable
development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Public Health or any other relevant degree.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of
your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly,
select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage
and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 18 May 2021