IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations, and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by a FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. The position is located in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Finance Consultant reports to the Administrative Officer.
Programme administration and financial management, including accounting.
Effective and efficient provision of finance support to the programme and project activities of the FAO Representation.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Assist the country office on financial matters;
• Contribute to the delivery of financial reporting, general accounting, project accounting, and/or investment activities/services in accordance with FAO policies and regulatory framework.
• Identify operational, administrative and other constraints which may affect programme implementation and propose solutions to improve quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness;
• Contribute and collaborate on preparation, monitoring and revision of the country office budget;
• Ensure the maintenance of up-to-date financial records, including the preparation of bank and other reconciliation statements and supervises and conducts the year/biennium end closure of accounts;
• Review accounts and ensure proper payment authorization including the preparation of appropriate expenditure documents;
• Work on the retrieval, entry, selection and analysis of data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO’s corporate administrative systems and data bases;
• Ensure that financial commitments, expenditures and periodic budgetary reports are controlled and in line within established limits;
• Work on and collaborate on the elaboration and implementation of a staff development plan for both fixed-term staff and NSHR personnel;
• Contribute to the implementation of the HR plan and the creation of a HR roster for key functions of the country office;
• Analyze financial/investment/risk related issues and provide financial advice and assistance to the country office Representative;
• Prepare and review ad hoc reports on programme, project and office accounts; coordinates and provides special reports for periodic budget preparation and audits; and liaise with local banks and financial institutions;
• Propose improvements to the business model of the country office.
• Support in the implementation of streamlining of administrative procedures and liaise with other UN Offices for common practices;
• Ensure the compliance with the United Nations’ security guidelines (Security Risk Management).
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in business or public administration, accounting or a related field;
• Five years of relevant experience in financial management, administration and planning.
• Fluent or advanced (Level C) French
• Fluent or advanced (Level C) English and or Spanish.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) for Windows 10 (latest version) installation and configuration
• Good communication skills
• Team work
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency