Case Worker x2 - Macharii El Qaa
The IRC Child Protection Case Worker will provide individual case management support for children at harm or at risk of being harmed. This includes street connected and working children, children exposed to physical and emotional violence within or from outside home, children with disabilities being exposed to violence, neglect or abuse, children in contact or in conflict with the law, and children in need for judicial protection.
The child protection case worker will be based in the IRC office or the partners CP centers (30%) with frequent traveling to the field (70%).
- Identify and register cases of children at harm or at risk of being harmed, through different outreach gateways (field visits, referrals from partners and NGOs, CM hotline, referrals from different IRC teams, referrals from community and volunteers networks, and referrals from UN agencies, referrals from the accountability team).
- Provide individual case management for the children in the areas of intervention as per the guidelines of national case management SOP and case management practical guidance.
- Map the available services in areas of intervention (Health, Education, livelihoods, etc.….), and update the service mapping periodically.
- Operate the CM hotline rotationally based on the hotline schedule set by the CM officer.
- Document and file all the cases in a comprehensive manner, ensuring that each case has its own file including all the forms and information of the case management process.
- Ensure that all the soft and hard files related to the cases are stored and protected in accordance to IRC’s data protection protocol.
- Participate the children and their families in all the steps of the case management process respecting their views, thoughts, and opinions.
- Perform all the steps of the case management (identification, comprehensive assessment, case planning, follow up and review, etc...) in a thorough manner and within the allotted timeframe.
- Ensure that all cases are addressed and shared with the supervisor.
- Draft juvenile judge reports, resettlement referrals, BIA and BIDs reports, case conferences, and case management emergency cash requests.
- Provide ongoing support to families through direct service provision and referrals to relevant services.
- Raise emergency case management fund(ECMF) requests to the CM officer for his/her review and approval as per the IRC CP guidelines for ECMF.
- Set safety plans with the children at high risk from within or outside home.
- Communicate regularly with the CM supervisor the updates on cases and challenges faced.
- Collaborate closely with the other members of the CP team and the other sectors team.
- Regularly attend case management team meetings and case management review meetings with the CM Officer.
- Participate in case conferences, BID meetings, organized to support complex cases.
- Any other CP activity as requested by the supervisor.
- Ensure that all high risk cases are immediately addressed with the CM officer and the CP manager.
- Flexible to work after working hours or during weekends when needed to support urgent cases in need for imminent support.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:CP case management officer
Indirect Reporting: CP Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: other members of the CP team and other IRC programs on the field
External: local partner