To provide all vital safe driving and fleet management in support to the field project activities in Dadaab field office and proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to IRC’s Supply Chain Vehicle and Equipment requirements as per the Manual.
- The safe transportation of IRC personnel and materials.
- The care and maintenance of IRC vehicles and their accessories.
- Accurate filling and on vehicles onboard documentation.
Assets and Equipment management
- Ensure that all IRC assets and equipment are well maintained.
- Ensure all assets that allocated to individuals are signed off, and equipment issue form provided by the Supply Chain Officer in charge of asset management.
- Make sure all IRC premises under you are well maintained.
- Ensure movement of IRC assets is tracked and advice transport officer in preparation for the vital documentation for sign off approval when an asset changes its status within the transport department.
Safety and Security
- Ensure staff operate in safe and secure working environment.
- Certify the IRC vehicle(s) assigned to you have all the safety requirements for movement.
- Make sure there are fully stocked First Aid Kits available in all IRC Vehicles.
- To ensure regular security check with the senior field security officer before authorizing any movement out of the field.
Key Result Areas
- Adhering accurately to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks, accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet.
- Keeping vehicles cleaned, fuelled and mechanically maintained.
- Checking and maintaining all vehicle accessories advising the Transport Officer of any defects or problems.
- Updating vehicles on board tools, equipment including, jacks, spare wheels, wheel spanners, stereo, VHF/HF radios.