Programme Support Consultant
Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
Instructions to Applicants: Click on the "Apply now" button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional referees of previous jobs (supervisors and peers).
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
UNDP will cover the cost of travel of the individual to the duty station, as well as their return to their home upon completion of their services. Travel costs are covered only in the event that the function will be undertaken physically in the duty station and excludes working from home arrangements.
The primary role of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is to support country-led efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The work of UNDP in 170 countries around the world is anchored in diverse and effective partnerships, which are vital to our two critical roles at country level: (a) as an integrator across policy, programmatic and organizational silos; and (b) as an operational backbone for the United Nations and other partners.
Saudi Arabia is witnessing economic prosperity and progress in all domains of socio-economic development which produced tangible improvement in all human development indicators such as standard of living, health and education services, environmental conditions as well as potentials of comprehensive development. In April 2016, the Government of Saudi Arabia announced its Saudi Vision 2030 – an ambitious long-term development programme.
Saudi Vision 2030 represents an ambitious blueprint with long-term goals and expectations. It is expressed in three themes of a vibrant society; a thriving economy and an ambitious nation. A review of the three themes and their underlying issues of national concern reveal a holistic approach to development that encompasses the three dimensions of sustainable development: the social, the economic and the environment.
The partnership between UNDP and Saudi Arabia is covering vital sectors and areas which contributes to address the needs of Saudi society, including enhancement of the local capacity of different government institutions and support to policy making and reporting. A wide set of under the scope of technical assistance is provided in order to assist the KSA departments in their reform processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
- Ensures administration and implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information for preparation of, for example, CCA, CF, CPD
- Presentation of information/ reports for identification of areas for support and interventions.
- Implementation of the CO partnerships and resources mobilization strategies, preparation of reports.
- Provides effective support to management of the CO programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information for formulation of country program, preparation of project documents’ drafts, work plans, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Follow up on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of reports.
- Provides support in strategic partnerships and implementation of resource mobilization efforts:
- Analysis of information on partners
- Track and reporting on mobilized resources
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Other tasks requested by the RR or DRR to help facilitate the smooth operations of the office.
UN CORE VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication:Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients " and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Academic Education
Masters degree (or equivalent) in Law, Business Administration, social science. Bachelors degree with 2 additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of Master’s Degree.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
Experience at the national or international level in social science, law, administration, academia.
Required skills and competencies
Desired additional skills and competencies
Required Language(s) (at working level)
Fluency in English is required