Dallas (United States of America)
The Finance Assistant is a support position working with the Texas Finance Department to support and facilitate collaboration between programs and finance. There will be responsibilities in the areas of programs, finance, inventory management, banking, donor, and vendor relationship and general administration. This position is based in the Dallas office but will work to support all Texas Finance activities. The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance Manager.
- Assist Finance team in monthly bank and account reconciliation.
- Conduct weekly bank deposit.
- Review and post P card expenses Create and submit invoice journals for
approval for recurring bills.
- Assist in inventory and record-keeping of inventory items under Finance
custody (gift cards, bus passes, and gas cards),
- Basic Account payable function such as check printing, ACH payments ,
- Assist with monthly Time & Effort reports.
- Assist in preparing all documents/samples requested by auditors.
- Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures and
systems and updates of Texas Finance Protocol
- Serve as backup to other designated Finance staff.
- Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and
fully engage as a member of the IRC team.
- Assist in filing and maintaining finance records for easy access
- Comply with all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including
adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- At least one year professional office experience; preferably in an
accounting or finance department.
- Highly organized, self-starter with proven success prioritizing multiple tasks, making critical decisions, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage
- Computer proficiency with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook). Proven experience in web-based data entry systems, ERP system with both data extraction and design preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication skills, both
written and verbal.
- Standard office work environment.
- Occasional travel up to 15%.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.