Partnership Officer, NOB_RBDakar
I. ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change.
II. ORGANISATIONAL CONTEXT
This position is based in our Regional Bureau for West Africa (RBD), Dakar, Senegal. RBD covers 19 countries of varied geo-ecological contexts, in different phases of development and facing diverse challenges related to hunger and malnutrition.
WFP operations in the region respond to conflict-driven hunger and provide integrated gender and nutrition sensitive packages to improve food security and nutrition; build livelihoods, restore eco-systems where climatic factors are the drivers of need; support the creation of income generating opportunities; build social cohesion and support governments to reach sustainable development which eventually has a peace and stability dividend.
You will carry out and coordinate broad range of partnerships activities, analytical work and research. You will engage with internal stakeholders and a host of public, private sector and external entities. These can comprise governments, UN agencies, intergovernmental institutions and their member states, international financial institutions, individuals, corporations, foundations, and NGOs.
III. JOB PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Provide substantial value to WFP’s effective positioning with public, private and external partners to attract policy support, resources, technical assistance and innovative solutions to advance the work of WFP, while supporting member states in the achievement of the SDGs and Zero Hunger and emphasizing WFP’s contributions in this regard.
IV. RESPONSABILITIES (NOT LIMITED TO)
1. Implement the work plan for an assigned area to enable WFP to identify, develop and strengthen quality partnerships in support of WFP strategic objectives.
2. Proactively contribute to a partnerships portfolio, including partner profiling, data/trends analysis and outreach activities, with the aim to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s work; Ensure partner visibility and that partner conditions are met.
3. Use data to propose options to managers to expand support from existing partners and to scope new partners, guided by programmatic assessment and context-specific analysis, with the aim to enhance the impact of WFP’s work and diversify the resource base.
4. Gather and share partner intelligence (including forecasting), using key information systems (e.g. Salesforce, WINGS, WFPGo).
5. Solicit inputs from other functional entities, RBs and COs on WFP’s programmatic offering that can gain traction with individual partner audiences; Conduct analysis and draft quality briefs in support of outreach opportunities.
6. Gather socio-political insights to support WFP’s effective positioning vis-à-vis national governments, regional and international institutions with the aim to influence the policy agenda.
7. In the context of the UN system and multilateral fora, support the development of partnerships and joint events with member states, civil society and intergovernmental organizations to advocate for the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the global agenda and advance WFP priorities and objectives, based on a basic understanding of member states’ dynamics and interests.
8. Provide inputs to partnerships strategies, including the development of Partnership Action Plans; Draw up quality partner proposals and reports by engaging with other WFP entities and external stakeholders.
9. Contribute to the preparation of strategic agreements, joint strategies and MOUs in order to promote the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the national, regional and global agenda and to reach advantageous outcomes for WFP.
10. Facilitate corporate dialogue with partners through networking and information sharing; Proactively highlight strategic issues to senior managers and propose options for the best course of action to nurture trust and partnership growth.
11. Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance, and monitor defined risks.
12. Other as required.
V. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Has a basic understanding of government and corporate strategies and priorities and experience in developing multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Has explored new partnership opportunities, provided inputs into developing solutions with prospective partners and explored new areas to scale-up existing activities.
- Has designed and managed all resource mobilization processes and resource strategies, negotiated contract terms and provided resourcing advice to seniors.
- Has gained experience in using technology and digital tools for data collection, analysis and shared data-based insights to add value to all partnerships.
- Has supported creation of external communications and briefing materials.
- Has provided advanced technical support and identified opportunities for service delivery excellence to strengthen partnerships.
- Has motivated team spirit and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive and sound working environment.
VI. STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Experience: Minimum three or more years of relevant professional work experience in partnership roles.
Languages: Fluency (level C) in English and French languages written and spoken.
VII. WHY WORK WITH US?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤ Make a difference, the world will notice. We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍 Build bridges that unite people across the world. Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to innovative ideas and perspectives. The way we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡 Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find. WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐ Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential. WFP offers the life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference, watch this video to know more about us!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzGbaRAhz8&feature=you