Intake and Outreach Coordinator
Silver Spring (United States of America)
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct eligibility screenings for walk-in clients including asylees, parolees, SIVs, secondary migrant refugees, certified and pre-certified victims of trafficking, asylum seekers, CAM-AORs and anyone seeking immigration services.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and eligibility criteria on all programs offered by the IRC, including but not limited to Maryland state funded programs, federally funded programs such as the Matching Grant program, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), assistance programs for victims of human trafficking, and Central Minors, and immigration benefits.
- Refer ineligible clients to community resources such as local Departments of Social Services, shelters, food banks, crisis centers, and others as applicable.
- Maintain detailed, accurate and comprehensive databases of all walk-in clients.
- Conduct outreach to eligible populations and communities to promote IRC services.
- Assist with ‘financial eligibility’ responsibilities for new clients, ensuring that clients are enrolled in and closed out of cash assistance programs in an efficient and timely manner.Schedule eligible walk-ins for client services, including but not limited to, orientations, intake and Immigration appointments.
- Participate in meetings, trainings, and workshops as requested and coordinated by the IRC and partner agencies.
- Assist in orientation of new clients and case noting in ETO.
- Enter new clients in relevant funder-mandated databases to generate appropriate billing and program reports.
- Create physical files and labels for new clients.
- Comply with agency policies, protocols and best practices.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.