Manager, Partnerships and Development
Multiple locations (Multiple locations)
At Last Mile Health (LMH) we are all stewards of our reputation and our resources. Are you experienced in developing and implementing systems that ensure highly tailored cultivation strategies for each donor relationship? If so, you may be our next Manager, Partnerships & Development!
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Partnerships & Grants, the Manager of Partnerships & Development will co-manage LMH’s portfolio of existing philanthropic partners. This portfolio includes approximately 250 foundations, corporations, individuals and bilateral partners. The person in this position will be responsible for ensuring annual revenue targets of approximately US $4-$8 million in renewal funding with a target of ensuring 70% of funding accrued is multi-year.
In collaboration with another Partnerships & Development Manager, this position will act as the Primary Relationship Manager (PRM) for partners in this portfolio, providing precise strategic management and accurate organization of organizational and individual relationships. We are seeking an individual who is comfortable engaging potential partners and can confidently articulate LMH’s value proposition and areas of alignment with them. The Manager, Partnerships & Development will have strong internal and external relationship management, process development, and organizational skills that will support them in helping to deliver LMH’s development goals.
This position is open to candidates located in Liberia, Malawi, Uganda and on the Eastern seaboard of the United States. Candidates must be authorized to work in one of the countries listed above. Please note that our US offices are currently closed due to COVID 19 and all US-based staff are working remotely.
What You'll Do
- Conduct regular portfolio reviews and produce updated revenue projections monthly
- Develop individualized stewardship plans for partners
- Actively engage with external partners on behalf of Last Mile Health toward achievement of individual stewardship goals, including developing preparation/run of show for partner meetings, facilitating partner meetings, managing day-to-day engagement with partners
- Undertake ongoing, active prospecting, including the development of prospecting materials and briefing books in support of LMH leadership for external engagements with partners
- Support LMH’s participation in annual events such as, for example, Skoll World Forum, UN General Assembly week, World Economic Forum, TED, World Health Assembly and Aspen Ideas Festival – Spotlight Health
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and ensure data quality; diligently use and support donor relationship management tools, such as Salesforce
- Work closely with other members of the Partnerships & Communications team and other LMH colleagues to ensure delivery of high-quality, accurate, and timely grant proposals/renewals, due diligence, and other donor communication materials
- Demonstrate effective and independent project management, including setting interim milestones and timelines, securing input of multiple stakeholders across the organization, and prioritizing appropriately in order to complete on-time and high-quality deliverables
- Plan and manage virtual and in-person donor visits for portfolio partners to LMH offices and program implementation sites
What You'll Bring
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Several years of relevant experience in a relationship management role
- Demonstrated customer service orientation, both internal and external
- Thoughtful and consistent management of external partner requests (completion of external partner requests on time and at high quality)
- Attention to detail in written deliverables and ability to independently manage processes for ensuring accuracy in written work
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to develop clear and convincing presentation materials
- Effective process development and organization skills
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks at one time in time-sensitive manner
You'll Impress Us If
- You have experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- You have prior experience in the global health sector
As LMH strives to increase transparency into our compensation principles we are highlighting below more details around our compensation policy and benefits associated with this position. In line with our compensation principles, this position will pay at the 50th to 60th percentile of the market to which you are employed. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
You can read about our competitivebenefits offerings here.
Principles guiding our compensation policy:
- Data Driven: We benchmark salaries against large datasets containing compensation data from organizations with whom we compete for talent. We benchmark salaries for specific roles and specific candidate experience.
- Competitive:Candidates should be paid the most competitive salaries possible for their position given budgetary constraints. We aim to pay above market, typically between the 50th-60th percentile of the market.
- Transparent:Compensation policies should be transparent and easily understood. We want all candidates to understand how we set salaries and to know we aim to pay competitively.
- Equitable:Compensation should be implemented consistently across candidates of different identities, teams and geographies, while keeping into account the different talent markets and economies we operate in.
- Responsible:LMH needs to operate in a sustainable way and practice good stewardship of our resources.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visitwww.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.