Accountant, Project JEET
Accountant, Project JEET
- New Delhi
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI in partnership with its India affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF)’s works in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States’ levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently CHAI works across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, tuberculosis, cancer and immunization.
About the Project
India has the highest burden of Tuberculosis (TB) in the world, accounting for more than 27% of the global TB incidence. Of the 2.8 million annual estimated incidence, more than half access diagnosis and care in the private sector, where there are significant gaps across the care cascade because of diagnostic delays, irrational and non-standardized regimens and catastrophic health expenditure to patients.
The Joint Effort for Eliminating TB (JEET) project aims to set-up effective and sustainable structures to strengthen existing systems and seamlessly extend quality of TB care to patients seeking care in private sector. To this effect, WJCF has setup Patient Provider Support Agencies (PPSA) across seven states to provide continuous, end-to-end engagement of private sector and extend quality care to all patients. In the past two years, the project has supported over 250,000 patients to access quality care and treatment support.
We are seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with strong problem solving and analytical skills to support the analysis and monitoring of project JEET. Successful candidates should have excellent communications skills, be able to function independently, be self-motivated, can thrive in challenging environments, and have a strong commitment to excellence. We place great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, energy, and work ethic.
- Participate in all relevant administrative, financial and project related review and planning meetings (including preparation of project budgets)
- Responsible for organizational and project related book keeping/accounting work, including recording of all financial transactions using accounting software.
- Ensure booking of expenses in line with approved budget, accounts code, budget line etc for proper reporting and monitoring of expenses.
- Ensure completion of all the documents in vouchers before processing the payment.
- Process payments to partners, vendors and employees on timely basis.
- Ensure timely settlement of advance payments to staff/vendors.
- Ensure timely payment of monthly statutory dues, closure of monthly accounts and reporting.
- Prepare monthly office/project specific financial reports. Assist with reconciliation of office specific books of accounts with overall accounts maintained by the Head Office.
- Ensure that administrative and financial registers (like registers for attendance, leave records, Staff movement, personal vehicle use, incoming and outgoing correspondence, stocks) are maintained properly.
- Assist the Finance Officer/Lead in all financial audit related activities, at project or organizational level.
- Undertake any other activities and responsibilities as reasonably required by the organization.
- Maintain appropriate files/records/documents towards meeting legal and statutory requirements.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- M.Com/MBA and least 6 years’ experience in independently handling financial and administrative accounting work with thorough knowledge of accounting software (TALLY)
- Knowledge of Indian Tax Laws, Audit standards and FCRA regulations
- Quality conscious and excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong sense of proactivity to ensure efficient financial management
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Open to change and to develop and drive process forward
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team, as well as strong cooperation and people skills
- Proficiency in applications of MS Excel and accounting software
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time
- Prior experience in working on Global Fund project will be an advantage