Human Resources Officer- Diyala
Human Resources Officer- Diyala
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
In 2003, following the start of foreign military operations in Iraq, DRC became one of the first organisations to provide humanitarian assistance in the country, and now operates in 11 governorates, including Anbar, Baghdad, Babel, Diyala, Duhok, Erbil, Karbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din.
About the job
Responsible for carrying out HR and administrative tasks as related to smooth operation of DRC.
General Human Resources tasks
- Advise and assist management and employees in Human Resources related issues and concerns
- Review Human Resources processes and suggests improvements
Compensations & benefits
- Manage, update and process the staff payrolls in close collaboration with the other departments, and ensure onward submission to finance department
- Ensure that all relevant deductions are effected on a monthly basis
- Prepare and submit required reports on a monthly basis for auditing purpose
- Ensure that records of all Human Resources related information is kept and sent on timely basis to relevant parties
Development, people planning, recruitment and well-being
- Ensure that the performance appraisal process is conducted, and that there are learning and development opportunities available to the employee
- Assist in inducting training on Code of Conduct, Confidentiality, Conflict of Interest, etc. as needed
- Assist in people planning activities (e.g. ensure job descriptions are in place for all roles)
- Assist or drive recruitment processes as needed
- Assist or drive people well-being initiatives"
- Reporting to: HR and Admin Team Leader
- Technical Manager: HR manager
Experience and technical competencies: (including years of experience)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Human Resources management, administration, change management, and/or organizational development
- Technical skills in managing compensation and benefits.
- (I)NGO experience is preferred
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using an online system for recruitments
- Advanced knowledge of labor low especially in (recruitment, social security, leaves)
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language All DRC roles require the post-holder to master
- University degree in HR Management, Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification
- English – Fluent
- Arabic – Fluent
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Staff members
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 months
Designation of Duty Station: Diyala
Start date: 10 June 2021
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 25-May-2021
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo