Software Developer Analyst
office (copenhagen) and home base
Instructions to Applicants: Click on the "Apply now" button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
UNDP will cover the cost of travel of the individual to the duty station, as well as their return to their home upon completion of their services. Travel costs are covered only in the event that the function will be undertaken physically in the duty station and excludes working from home arrangements.
Include any official travel expected to be associated with performing the functions.
The Global Service Desk (GSD) is part of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Office of Information and Technology Management (ITM).
UNDP is undergoing digital transformation to be better equipped to harness digital technology’s potential for development. Our organization has a history of innovation and web will continue to pioneer digital technologies to provide real answers, but as the potential of technology has increased, so has our ambition. As the pace of digital innovation picks up and our partners’ demands evolve, it is important that UNDP use existing and emerging technologies in a pragmatic and structured manner.
The Software Developer Assistant will be engaged in supporting UNDP’s Digital Transformation pathway in using digital technologies to improve the quality, relevance and impact of UNDP´s work, while also improving the efficiency of UNDP’s operational systems and internal processes. This pathway involves developing automation tools, improved data usage, and greater efficiency.
The Software Developer Analyst will assist in realizing UNDP’s digital strategy and contribute in the organization’s investing in automating process flows within the Global Service Desk and support their colleagues in utilizing digital technologies to support daily operations. The function of the Software Developer is to develop and refine process automation for the Global Service Desk, create and configure reports/dashboards, and build capacity within the GSD.
The Software Developer Analyst will report to the Chief of the Global Service Desk.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
The Software Developer Analyst is responsible for:
- Supporting the automation of GSD internal processes
- Creating dashboards to track GSD processes
- Assisting with the capacity building of software development skills in the Global Service Desk
Supporting the automation of GSD internal processes
- Process automation: Digitization & automation of internal processes is necessary for an efficient and optimized daily work as well as on-time delivery of services.
- Automating manual processes for troubleshooting, triggering alerts, logging activities, and registration of requests is essential to ensure quality and consistency of services.
- Creating process flows and automating workflows across platforms (M365, ServiceNow) will be core function and amongst the key deliverables to ensure Global Service Desk’s response aligns with the IT strategy and digital transformation goals of UNDP.
Creating dashboards to track the Global Service Desk processes
- Reports and dashboards are being developed to monitor performance, compliance, and alignment with the ITM strategy pillars and KPIs.
- Monitor Country Offices support SLA.
- Create Dashboard to monitor GSD’s performance and deliverables.
UN CORE VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients " and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Required Skills and Experience
Min Academic Education
Min years of relevant work experience
Required skills and competencies
Desired additional skills and competencies
Required Language(s) (at working level)