Assistant Program Lead, Agriculture Development
Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Assistant Program Lead, Agriculture Development on a Consultancy basis.
Location: Alwar, Rajasthan
Experience: Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in managing agriculture/NRM/watershed development/agri-based livelihood development/integrated development projects with strong project management skills. The candidate should have a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in project data analysis, applying statistical tools for data analysis, developing business plans with projections like IRR, ROI and tracking the same.
- Bachelor in Agriculture and Master in Agronomy/Plant Breeding/Economics/Soil
- Science/extension/Agriculture Statistics from reputed agriculture university
- Good written and communications skills in English and Hindi and other regional languages
- Project Management and implementation skills
- Basic Computer knowledge – MS Office and Internet
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal daily supervision
- Travel to remote field locations/villages
The role of Assistant Program Lead is to oversee diversified agricultural development projects running in Rajasthan, monitor project progress, and provide technical and leadership support in accomplishing project activities. He/she will coordinate with the project team and facilitate them on operational and technical management of the projects. His/her role includes strong monitoring of the project implementation, preparing project progress reports, manage donors visit, donor reporting, and other required administrative support. He/She will be responsible for the development of an annual plan, annual budget, selection of new project locations, bring innovation, and strengthen linkages with the concerned government department and district administration.
- Technical Capacity building of project team and project beneficiary on various aspects of agriculture development.
- Coordinate multiple and holistic components including Monitoring, Planning, Training, Strategic Implementation of activities and supervision/ guiding, which are to be carried out within project timelines
- Conduct/organize farmers training, facilitating with resource person from Agri institute, university and Agri department
- Oversee implementation of Livelihood enhancement project that includes agriculture-based livelihood, women farmers’ empowerment, watershed & natural resource management
- Ability to prepare output, outcome and impact matrix of agriculture & other activities.
- Provide technical support in the design and implementation of Farmer Field Schools
- Develop and strengthen relationships/networking with line departments, government officers, community leaders in villages.
- Identify new/innovative farming practices and technology suitable for small agriculture and local agro-climatic condition
- Documentation and dissemination of success stories & writing project MPR, QPR and AR
- Update project MIS
- Any other responsibility assigned by the management as per the requirement of the organization.
Compensation: Salaries at Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applying: June 20, 2021
How to apply: Email your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – Application for Assistant Program Lead – Agriculture Development (Alwar, Rajasthan).
*Applicants are required to specify their current CTC and availability for joining in the number of days along with the contact information of two references in the email.