Child Protection Manager - Bekaa
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Senior Manager, the child protection Manager will be responsible for providing ongoing supervision and support to the child protection team in Bekaa which consists of psychosocial (PSS), case management (CM), BLN and capacity building for local partners and stakeholders. While working closely with the senior manager, the CP manager is responsible forattending internal and external coordination meetings, drafting reports, managing budgets, working on proposals development as well continuing efforts/initiatives that are underway with national government counterparts on street and working children and other child protection related topics. The CP manager will manage operational aspects of the day to day running of the projects which includes supervision of staff, supporting the team to manage high risk cases, remain on standby for weekend emergencies, along with longer term child protection systems building work which will require extensive advocacyefforts.
Program development & Coordination
- Work closely with the CP Coordinator and Senior Manager and to develop project proposals,ensure financial processes comply with internal regulations, preparebudgets;
- Responsible for overall implementation of qualitychild protection programming in the Bekaa
- Oversees appropriate documentation of the program (databases, Activity Info, weeklyand monthly reporting internally and externally);
- Set detailedImplementationPlans,spendingplansforallgrantsandcloselymonitorgrants outputs in a timely and accountablemanner;
- Assumes responsibility in ensuring the team delivers quality services for children and their families (case management, apprenticeship, and PSS);
- Attend meetings in coordination with the CP SeniorManager;
- Assumes responsibility in ensuring reporting is done on a timely and qualitybasis.
- In close coordination with the CP Senior Manager, seek opportunities for close coordination between IRC’s CP program and other IRC programs (education, child protection, economic recovery, protection and women’s protection andempowerment);
- Program development: Based on existing gaps in the system (both national and humanitarian),identifyopportunitiesforprogramdevelopment,coordinatecloselywiththeCP Senior Manager on the development of new projectproposals;
- UndertheguidanceoftheSeniorManagerandwiththesupportoftheCPteam,design and implementanawarenessraisingcampaignandcommunityeventstargetingthewiderpublic on the different CP subjects including street and workingchildren;
- Contributetoselecting,establishingapartnershipprocess,capacitybuildingandmonitoring for localpartners.
- Advocateforthedevelopmentofsystemstoprotectvulnerablechildrenincoordination with nationalcounterparts and in close consultation with the CP SeniorManager;
- IncooperationwiththeCPSeniorManagerdeveloptrainingcurriculaforrelevantnational counterparts;
- Ensurecasemanagementteamsareconsistentlyreferringbeneficiaries(whereappropriate) to external bodies to access services, including referrals for PCAP, resettlement, medical referrals, judicial reportingetc;
- Attend and represent IRC in field working groups and coordination meetingswith stakeholders and localgovernment.
- Coordinate closely with the Senior M&E officer, the ICT4P Manager to document CP trendson weekly basis and provide appropriate updates on a weekly basis this includes drafting and updating weekly Sitreps, trends forms (weeklybasis);
- Ensure adequate and accurate reporting of data-Activity Info, Sitreps, as well as quality M & E reporting at the output and outcome level within the team in close coordination with the M & E officer;
- Ensure the use of M&E tools and provide all data required forreporting.
- Supervision and mentoring of direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, settingperformanceobjectives,providingregularandtimelyperformancefeedback,andleading documented semi-annual performancereviews.
- Support the recruitment of Child Protection staff byIRC;
- Coach,train,andmentorstaffwiththeaimofstrengtheningtheirtechnicalcapacity,exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional developmentguidance
- Promoteandmonitorstaffcareandwell-being;approveandmanageallleaverequests ofthe direct-report staff agreed upon with the SaWC manager to ensure adequatecoverage.
- Support the teams in the execution of administrative, logistic and financial tasks in coordination withtherelevantdepartments(suchaspurchasingitems,liquidatingadvances,fillinginrelevant documentation and records in a timelymanner);
- Provide daily technical support to the supervisors of the PSS, CM and BLNteams;
- Conduct weekly team meetings with the CPteam;
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to the Senior Manager, Security officer and Security Coordinator andliaisewithexternalpartiesasrequiredtomaintain/enhancethesecurityenvironmentforIRC programs;
- Ensurethatserviceprovisionswithintheteamareofahighstandardbycoachingandmonitoring field team on a regularbasis;
All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior CPManager Indirect Reporting: CP coordinator Other Internal and/or externalcontacts:
Internal: Senior M&E Officer, CP Coordinator External: Other CP agencies, local authorities