ECM Casework Assistant
Dallas (United States of America)
Extended Case Management (ECM) programs provide strengths-based, client-centered case management for refugees, asylees, special immigrant visa holders (SIVs) and asylum-seekers who are experiencing barriers to self-sufficiency in the United States. Populations served may include but are not limited to: individuals with medical challenges, individuals with mental health needs, single parents, LGBTQ+-identifying individuals interested in case management support, isolated women and/or women at risk of gender-based violence, survivors of torture or trauma, and elderly individuals.
The ECM Casework Assistant supports the ECM Caseworkers in providing comprehensive case management and referral services to vulnerable refugees, asylees, SIVs and asylum-seekers. The position will assist clients with navigating local services, managing relationships and self-care, and maintaining stability in the areas of housing, finances, and safety. The ECM Casework Assistant will provide administrative support through case file maintenance, case note documentation, and reporting. This position reports to the Casework Program Manager.
Casework Support and Referrals
- Support ECM Casework staff and clients by assisting with home visits and appointments in the field.
- Assist clients with referrals and access to appropriate resources including physical and mental health services, public benefits, transportation, low-income housing, social and community support, legal services, food access, childcare resources, etc.
- Assist with the completion of individualized client intakes, including orientation to services, assessment of client needs, and the development of individualized service plans.
- Participate in all required ECM-specific meetings, trainings, and staff development activities.
Partnerships and Community Engagement:
- Maintain partnerships with external community service providers to improve client access. Assist clients in accessing ongoing care.
- Attend community meetings as assigned.
- Support Casework Department staff in responding to the urgent or unanticipated needs of vulnerable clients.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Assist caseworkers with maintaining excellent case file quality by entering case notes, reviewing file contents for completeness, and retrieving forms and signatures when needed.
- Remain up-to-date on documentation requirements for each ECM program.
- Comply with and remain up-to date on all policies, procedures and best practices of the agency.
- Assist caseworkers and supervisor in completion of reports as required by funders and/or donors.
- Prepare, distribute and document ECM clients’ direct assistance and donations.
- Other related duties as assigned.