Senior M&E Manager
Freetown, Western Area
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC delivers education programs in 22 conflict-affected or post-conflict countries around the world.
Present in Sierra Leone since 1999, IRC supports the Sierra Leonean institutions – government, civil society, community-based organizations and private sector – to provide improved social services. The IRC does this through programs and partnerships designed to improve the life of women, youth and children by implementing Health, Education, and Women’s Protection and Empowerment programming.
SCOPE OF WORK
IRC, along with its Consortium partners is implementing an FCDO funded health program – Saving Lives (Phase II) as the lead for the NGO consortium. The Saving Lives programme seeks to support the Government of Sierra Leone (GoSL) to save women’s and children’s lives by improving the quality, availability and accessibility of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health services. This will be achieved by increasing the utilization of quality RMNCAH services through a multifaceted approach that seeks to strengthen quality, expand access, and build the demand for RMNCAH services in Sierra Leone. The programme duration is October 2018 – September 2021 (with potential extension upto September 2022).
The IRC is recruiting for a Consortium Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager for the Saving Lives program who will support the Consortium Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator on program monitoring, evaluation and learning activities. The Consortium Senior M&E Manager will handle overall program data management – timely data collection, cleaning, visualization and analysis under the oversight of the Consortium MEL Coordinator. This position will be based in Freetown and will require frequent travel to all the 14 districts. This position is contingent on funding post September 2021.
Monitoring and Data Management
· Ensure that the IRC's global standards for measurement are implemented for improved program quality and use of data within the organization.
· Provide support to the development of measurement, data management and reporting strategy that also include system development, data analysis and reporting of analyzed data for informed decision making.
· Co-lead periodic Data Quality Assurance (DQA) visits and consolidate reports based on findings from the DQA visits.
· Liaise with implementing partners and ensure monthly, quarterly and biannual data submissions; review the data for ensuring quality and reliability; provide feedback for corrective actions if needed.
· Update mentorship and logframe indicator databases on time; support configuration and update the Power BI reports and dashboards.
· Produce data reports and present to the CCU team and members of the Consortium MEL Technical Working Group (TWG).
Evaluation, Learning and Documentation
· Provide support to the design and implementation of project review, evaluation and assessments, including developing data collection tools, recruitment and training of enumerators, setting up mobile devices and supervision of data collection, supporting data analysis, report writing and dissemination of findings.
· Co-facilitate learning events such as the monthly Consortium MEL TWG meetings, field level DQA visit briefing/debriefing with partner field teams and CCU data review meetings; document and disseminate findings to key stakeholders.
· Support the MEL Coordinator and the CCU team in analyzing, interpreting trends in monitoring data quality and documenting lessons learned.
· Provide training, technical assistance, and support ensuring that the program MEL framework and data collection tools are understood and being implemented effectively by field teams.
· Participate in IRC Mobile Monitoring Community of Practice (CoP) and measurement CoP, etc.
· Additional responsibilities as delegated by CCU MEL Coordinator and/or Senior Team Leader, CCU.
June 2021 – September 2021 (potential extension till September 2022)