Web and Technology Development Officer
Vacancy in the Director General's Services.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. For this purpose, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
This post is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
Web and Technology Development Officer in the Digital Media Production Office, Production and Management Support Division, Communication Department, Director General’s Services
Under the direct authority of the Head of the Digital Media Production Office, you will be responsible for:
- ensuring the continuity of the various ESA Corporate communication channels (e.g. ESA Portal, Space in Images, Space in Videos, blogs, intranet portal) and related services (e.g. search engine, email subscription, analytics) in terms of development, implementation, maintenance and security by selecting and managing in-house and/or external support contracts with regard to infrastructure, CMS-related development/maintenance and web/mobile applications;
- ensuring the continuity of ESA video distribution by selecting and managing external support contracts with regard to the implementation and maintenance of:
- the online platform for ESA video distribution for both the general public and professional audiences; the dedicated interface for any request for ESA videos, in particular from professional audiences (e.g. broadcasters, documentary makers);
- the online and offline archiving of ESA videos;
- managing the development, implementation and maintenance of a communication channel dedicated to the distribution of live content (ESA Web TV) by selecting in-house and/or external support contracts with regard to infrastructure, equipment, software development, play-out automation, media asset management and streaming services;
- managing any contracts in place and new ones with regard to the day-to-day operation of the services, equipment and/or software falling under the responsibility of this post;
- managing the definition, implementation and maintenance of IT solutions for the Office and Department with regard to system administration, maintenance and security;
- proposing and managing the implementation of innovative IT solutions with regard to automatic content distribution, statistical tools (and associated monitoring), online forms, search engine optimisation, etc.;
- supporting the Head of Office with regard to the timely publication of editorial and multimedia content via any of the ESA online communication channels;
- providing technical support to the Department when required and providing, on its behalf, the technical interface with the IT Department and Security Office (in particular ESACERT);
A Master’s degree in computer science is required for this post
You should also have:
- demonstrated ability and experience in managing complex Communication IT-related projects;
- an excellent knowledge of computerised systems;
- knowledge of relevant ESA corporate applications and ESA Information Technology Department processes and workflows will be considered an asset;
- familiarity with existing Communication Department publishing systems will be highly relevant to this post;
- the capacity to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
At the Agency we value diversity and we welcome people with disabilities. Whenever possible, we seek to accommodate individuals with disabilities by providing the necessary support at the workplace. The Human Resources Department can also provide assistance during the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
According to the ESA Convention the recruitment of staff must take into account an adequate distribution of posts among nationals of the ESA Member States. When short-listing for an interview, priority will first be given to internal candidates and secondly to external candidates from under-represented Member States. (https://esamultimedia.esa.int/docs/careers/NationalityTargets.pdf)
In accordance with the European Space Agency’s security procedures and as part of the selection process, successful candidates will be required to undergo basic screening before appointment.
Recruitment will normally be at the first grade in the band (A2); however, if the candidate selected has little or no experience, the position may be filled at A1 level.