Bidibidi - Yumbe District
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education and power.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), refugees and various institutions in the country, notably the government, community-based organizations (CBOs), civil society organizations (CBOs) and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health and nutrition, support to persons with specific needs (PSNs) including case management, legal assistance to refugees, prevention and response to gender-based violence, Education and economic recovery and development (ERD). The IRC has a country office in Kampala and field offices in Amudat, Imvepi, Kyegegwa, Lamwo, Moroto/ Kiryandongo and Yumbe, as well as an urban office in Nsambya within Kampala.
Scope of work
Dispensing drugs and assisting the pharmacist and facility in-charge in all activities appropriate to the dispensary.
- Dispense drugs to clients
- Conduct prescription /counselling of clients
- Ensure proper recording of drugs
- Monitor drug stock and inform the supervisor
- Participate in the drug stock-takingsParticipate in planning and budgeting for the section
- Participate in CME and any other trainings organized by Reach Out
- Provide health education on drug use
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor
- Provide regular feedback on stock status
- Assist in preparation of donor reports;
- Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
Key working relationships:
Direct supervisor: Pharmacy technician
Technical support:Health facility In-charge.
Other:Logistics, finance, admin staff.
Govt. of Uganda:District Health Team and other district officials
Other:NGOs, INGOs and UN agencies working in the project region.
Standards for Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct.These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Deadline for receiving applications is June 8th,2021