Professional (f/m/x) to strengthen capacity in the field of trauma work in Nigeria
The Justice, Peace and Reconciliation Movement (JPRM) is a non-governmental organisation based in Jos. The activities of the JPRM are concentrated in the state of Adamawa, but increasingly also in the state of Plateau. The long-standing conflicts between small farmers and cattle breeders in the region are often violent and overshadowed by religious, ethnic and political motives. Against this background, JPRM aims to contribute to a holistic and participatory development as well as to justice and peace in the region. To this end, JPRM cooperates with various organisations and institutions, such as CCN and Tekan, which are also partner organisations of Brot für die Welt.
You contribute to trauma management for survivors of violent conflicts in North East Nigeria and the Middle Belt.
- You assess the need for trauma work on the ground using participatory methods
- You integrate the previous experiences of the psychosocial counsellors into a concept for approaches and methods of trauma work that can be implemented in the local socio-cultural context
- On the basis of the concept developed, you qualify the psychosocial counsellors in trauma work (e.g. techniques for avoiding secondary trauma)
- You develop practice-oriented methods for monitoring and evaluating trauma work with clients (e.g. evaluation forms) and train the counsellors in its application (on-the-job training)
- You establish or refine methods of support for psychosocial counsellors (e.g. exchange meetings, case discussions, supervision)
- You develop application-oriented instruments for the identification and documentation of good practices in trauma work with clients, so that continuous knowledge management can be integrated into the daily work of counsellors
The Director of JPRM is your superior.
- You have a degree in psychology or have a comparable qualification (e.g. social pedagogue) and have completed training in psychotherapy
- You were able to apply your further training in trauma work and supervision in a sustainable way in a professional context
- Your excellent English language skills and your strong empathy have been proven over a longer period of time in intercultural contexts, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa
- You apply your knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methods as well as knowledge management in practice
Benefits provided by Bread for the World and Dienste in Übersee
Bread for the World provides a framework in which the professionals of Dienste in Übersee share their knowledge and skills with people of other cultures. Supportive cooperation, mutual learning and intercultural exchange are made possible by:
- Individual preparation
- Three-year contract with benefits in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act
So upload your application now.
Dienste in Übersee gGmbH
Our new job portal with all current advertisements can be found here.
Please note that, due to the current global restrictions caused by the Covid 19 pandemic, it is not possible to set definitive dates for selection and departure at this time. Nevertheless, we look forward to receiving your application and will work with you individually to find the best current job opportunities.
North East Nigeria is not suitable for applicants with children.