Associate Treasury Officer (P-2)
|Division:||Division of Administration|
|Section:||Budget and Finance Section|
|Type of Appointment:||Fixed Term Appointment|
|Date of Issuance:||26 May 2021|
|Deadline for Applications:|| |
|Reporting Date:||As soon as possible|
Please note that all candidates should adhere to CTBTO Values of Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for Diversity.
Qualified female applicants and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
A roster of suitable candidates may be established for similar positions at the same level as a result of this selection process for a period of two (2) years.
The Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization with its headquarters in Vienna is the international organization setting up the global verification system foreseen under the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT), which is the treaty banning any nuclear-weapon-test explosion or any other nuclear explosion. The Treaty provides for a global verification regime, including a network of 337 stations worldwide, a communications system, an international data centre and on-site inspections to monitor compliance.
This position is located in Budget and Finance Section, Division of Administration. The Division of Administration is committed to sustaining a service-oriented environment by ensuring that all PTS staff members receive efficient and high-quality support in the areas of budget, finance, general services, and procurement.
Under the supervision of the Treasurer to:
Duties and Responsibilties
- Perform daily monitoring of all bank accounts; identification and verification of credits and incoming funds of accounts receivable; verify that investment, foreign exchange and interfund transactions are correctly recorded by the banks and in the ERP system, resolve discrepancies and advise other areas of Budget and Finance as necessary;
- Review and validate bank transfers, ensuring the completeness and correctness of supporting information. Liaise with the banks to ensure timely processing of all disbursements;
- Support the Treasurer in planning and executing short-term investments and foreign exchange trades based on forecasted liquidity and currency requirements;
- Contribute to the effective functioning and accuracy of the assessed contributions system, record accounts receivable and assessed contributions transactions and related accounting entries;
- Prepare, implement and maintain financial reports such as cash flow forecasts, monitoring of foreign currency gains and losses, tracking of assessed contributions receivable;
- Provide support with the coordination, maintenance, update and enhancement of the banking platforms, the assessed contributions system and other systems used by the Treasury in collaboration with ICT;
- Prepare the yearly assessment, letters, acknowledgements and reminder letters for States Signatories and assist in the preparation of the annual scale of assessments calculations;
- Support the process of preparation of the Annual Financial Statements by providing necessary information needed for note disclosure and support the work of the External Auditors;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree in finance, accounting, business administration, management information systems or a related field;
Work Experience and Qualifications
- At least two (2) years relevant working experience in the field of treasury, investment, financial management, financial reporting or budget planning and management, preferably part of which should have been at the international level (public, private or multilateral);
- Experience in using electronic banking platforms (such as SWIFT Alliance Lite2), Bloomberg Terminal or similar financial software is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of ERP systems (SAP preferred) in combination with experience of using financial reporting or business intelligence software such as Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Cognos, Report Painter etc. and relational data base systems (such as Access, SQL Server, Oracle etc.) for financial reporting purposes is required;
- Excellent sense of tact, sensitivity and client orientation;
- Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with internal and external counterparts;
- Capacity to work simultaneously on a variety of issues and tasks independently, adjusting to priorities and achieving results with agreed objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential.
- Knowledge of other official CTBTO languages is desirable.
- Professionalism - Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations;
- Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from other and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Planning and organizing - Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary;
- Team work - Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; builds consensus for task purpose and direction with team members; supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings;
- Accountability - Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable;
- Creativity - Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks “outside the box”; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches;
- Client orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive relationships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress and setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to clients;
- Commitment to continuous learning - Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession; actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally; contributes to the learning of colleagues and subordinates; shows willingness to learn from others; seeks feedback to learn and improve;
- Technological Awareness - Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks, shows willingness to learn new technology.
CTBTO offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in accordance with the policies of the International Civil Service Commission. For more information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, see link: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salary.htm). The salary offered may be subject to deductions to the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund and Health Insurance Scheme.
- All applications must be submitted through the CTBTO e-Recruitment system before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
- The CTBTO Preparatory Commission retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy; to make an appointment at a lower grade in particular if the candidate has less than the qualifications required; to make an appointment with a modified job description, or to offer a contract term for a shorter duration than indicated in the vacancy announcement.
- Please note that the CTBTO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- The CTBTO reserves the right to undertake correspondence only with shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to a reference-checking process or be requested to provide performance assessments.