Assistant FAO Representat (Administration)
Pretoria (South Africa)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
• People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The FAO Country Office in South Africa is headed by the FAO Representative, and assists the Government of South Africa to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The post is located in the FAO Country Office in Pretoria, South Africa.
The Assistant FAO Representative (Administration) reports to the FAO Representative.
Programme administration and financial management, including accounting and personnel administration.
Effective and efficient provision of administrative support to the programme and project activities of the FAO Representation.
• Provides support in the areas of administration, finance and budgetary control;
• Maintains all financial records and monitoring systems of the office and assists with monitoring of various accounts; supervises and/or maintains imprest accounts; ensures that operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and that all committing documents are complete and consistent; and reports variations from budgets;
• Supervises the administrative team;Assisting with organizing and/or retrieving, entering, selecting and analysing data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO's corporate systems;
• Prepares financial and administrative correspondence for the office, including the processing of payments in accordance established rules; maintains a filing system; and ensures that an appropriate paper trail with key documentation is archived.
• Assists with the preparation of recurring reports on programme, project and office accounts; provides support in the preparation of reports for budget planning, audits and other related requests ; and liaises with local banks and financial institutions;
• Monitors the receipt of Government contributions and ensures that all procurement and custom clearances for programmes, projects and the office are properly requested and obtained;
• Ensures the compliance with the Organization's security guidelines (Minimum Operational Security Standards ' MOSS).
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• National of South Africa
• Advanced university degree in a field related to business or public administration
• One year of relevant experience in office management, administration, accounting and/or audit, budget or finance
• Working knowledge (Level C) of English
• Working knowledge of the local language (if not English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese)
• Results Focus
• Team Work
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
• Extent and relevance of experience in the field of office management and administration including supervisory experience
• Extent of knowledge of UN or standard operational rules and procedures and project/programme administrative management procedures
• Extent of knowledge of FAO's corporate systems and data base, or knowledge of other accounting or financial modules or applications relevant to accounting procedures or project budget management would be considered an asset
• Demonstrated analytical and judgment skills and ability to apply rules and regulations in the subject field
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.