External Adv: Business Analysis Officer, NO-B, Jakarta, Indonesia (Temporary Appointment) - for Indonesians only
UNICEF Indonesia is looking for Business Analysis Officer who will manage Fundraising Programme budgets efficiently. This role will provide careful budget management and oversight including planning and expenditure tracking, and ensures all fundraising operations are conducted in compliance with existing regulations as well as UNICEF policies and best practice financial management.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a hero
UNICEF Indonesia’s fundraising programme involves complex operations, which include the collaboration with numerous suppliers, contractors and service providers, as well as diligent internal and external reporting requirements. To manage our budgets efficiently under the supervision of Chief Private Fundraising & Partnerships, this role provides careful budget management and oversight including planning and expenditure tracking, and ensures all fundraising operations are conducted in compliance with existing regulations as well as UNICEF policies and best practice financial management.
How can you make a difference?
1. Business planning for the PFP section to enable better management and decision making
• Overall lead together with Chief PFP for PFP budgeting and planning cycles
• Set local timetables to ensure on-time completion of global planning and reporting requirements
• Lead on the development of ambitious budget and income/cost estimate figures
• Regularly review the Indonesia Country Office reporting dashboard, and ensure that all actions are taken and there are no red flags in the system
• Prepare and submit relevant information to the Country Management Team, Resource Mobilization Committee, Operations/Management
• Prepare relevant reporting information for government authorities relating to donations, in fulfilment of requirements under the ongoing agreement with the Government of Indonesia
2. Business analysis to enable entrepreneurial decision making across the PFP portfolio
• Review financial performance of each business area to establish profit/loss and return on investment reports
• Highlight areas for improvement and drive investment decisions
• Review new business proposals and advise on financial aspects of partnership agreements
3. Procurement Oversight
• Coordinate all PFP procurements and manage the procurement master-list
• Ensure timely completion of relevant procurement processes including CRC submissions
• Manage allocations, top-ups and other budgetary controls to ensure that PFP is able to pay its financial obligations under any contracts and operates within UNICEF regulations at all times
• Manage budgets to make sure that PFP stays within authorized amounts and seeks permission and extra funding where new opportunities occur
4. Lead financial processes with PFP oversight functions in HQ and RO
• Submit investment fund requests and reports
• Organize and lead relevant reviews with Regional Office
• Provide any required financial information requested by HQ or RO, in consultation with the relevant channel specialist
• Submit relevant information as may be required by auditors
• Other processes as may be required
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
University degree in Financial Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, or another relevant technical field.
Minimum 2 (two) years of professional experience in financial management, including direct responsibility for setting and meeting income targets.
Experience in an international organization and/or large corporation is preferred.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Experience in database packages, web-based management systems and ERP systems (preferably SAP financial modules)
Excellent English required both written and spoken
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies:
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
This position is not considered an elevated risk role. However, UNICEF reserves the right to conduct further vetting/ assessment within the scope of child safeguarding as appropriate.
Remarks: The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information in your profile. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your profile to ensure accuracy and completeness. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process. For information on compensation and benefits provided by UNICEF, please see the following link: https://www.unicef.org/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing This vacancy is open for Indonesians only.