The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law.
To learn more about IDLO, please visit our website www.idlo.int or follow us on Twitter @IDLO.
IDLO IN HONDURAS
IDLO, in partnership with the Government of Honduras and civil society organizations, is implementing a Program to enhance the transparency of the justice system, strengthen case handling in courts, and upgrade the capacities of the public prosecution.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Program Manager, the Project Coordinator will support the implementation of the project. The Project Coordinator is responsible for the overall project cycle support including, formulation, implementation, financial and quality compliance. The Program Coordinator interacts with internal as well as external functions.
Ensure the implementation of the project "Enhancing Judicial Transparency and Promoting Public Trust in Honduras", specifically by supporting the judicial system in strengthen plans and mechanisms to increase judicial transparency both internally and externally, with the purpose of helping to regain public trust.
- Provide technical assistance to the Honduran Public Ministry and the Judiciary in identifying strategies and activities to enhance organizational capacities to strengthen institutional transparency within the current organizational structure.
- Provide guidance to the process of elaboration and approval of documents (manual diagnostics, protocols and regulations) that will help the Honduran Public Ministry and the Judiciary to strengthen systems and mechanisms to share information with internal and external audits;
- Facilitate communications with the respective authorities to ensure the approval of manuals, protocols and regulations and following up to ensure implementation.
- Prepare terms of reference for consultants as required by the program.
- Manage efficiently and transparently the resources that are assigned for the implementation of the Project.
- Propose modifications or adjustments of the Project, according to the institutional context and the reality of the country.
- Draft monthly reports of the activities carried out related to the implementation of the project.
- Support the development and monitoring of project indicators.
Key results expected:
1. Support day to day program implementation, including: work planning, budget management, monitoring, and reporting, and ensure that all project phases are consistent with the project design and delivery schedule and in accordance with IDLO processes and procedures.
- Manage the coordination of work and information between IDLO Offices that is required for the efficient implementation of the project;
- Support development of implementation plans by means of standardized program cycle management tools, logic models and frameworks, work plans, and others;
- In coordination with the Field Program Manager, Country Manager and Headquarters, monitor daily project implementation issues, including revisions to project design and work plans; make recommendations for timely and optimal course corrections;
- Draft, collate and provide input for the finalization of internal and external reports, in collaboration with the Headquarters; coordinate the approval and submission project reports; ensuring these highlight the value and impact the program/activity brings;
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with the Finance Unit to build accurate financial forecasts, including reviewing financial reports and identifying in advance areas of over- or under-spending, and flagging any urgent budgetary issues to the supervisor/budget holder;
- In conjunction with HR, support in the timely identification and screening of program consultants/contractors and processing of contracts.
2. Monitor Program activities to ensure compliance with contracts and procedures and that program cycle quality controls are in place:
- Ensure internal procedures and guidelines are observed, recommending corrective action and consulting to the appropriate department any potential compliance issues Monitor compliance with program contracts and subcontracts;
- Under the leadership of the Evaluation Unit, support the evaluation of programs;
- Ensure program deliverables meet quality standards and proactively seek input from relevant substantive internal experts;
- Conduct research on legal, political, social, and economic events, trends, and developments relating to the program; respond to internal and external requests for such research.
3. Contribute to Program Development:
- Generate ideas and develop concept notes/proposals for projects and program activities that are aligned to Honduras program priorities;
- In coordination with the Program Development Unit and the supervisor, periodically develop proposals or concept notes, aimed at innovatively expanding IDLO’s program portfolio;
- Collaborate with country program staff and local partners ensuring that perspectives and expectations are shared in the design of the project and to gather support in its implementation.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Graduated in legal sciences, social sciences, administration or related, preferably with a Master's degree with an orientation in International Law.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) with certification from a Project Management Institute is desirable.
- Experience in Central America is preferable.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience, ideally within an international organization working with national institutions especially in the justice, security and human rights sector and civil society organizations.
- Professional experience in the development and strengthening of capacities at the institutional level with a focus on the promotion of the rule of law.
- Excellent Spanish and in English are required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Familiarity with standard program and data management methodologies, tools, and processes as well as results-based management and monitoring and evaluation principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software.
- Works well with others and actively participates.
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability and willingness to travel in and out of the country, if necessary.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This vacancy is open to local nationals, permanent residents, or those residents with a valid residency/ working permit of the duty station.
The selected candidates will be offered a contract for 12 months, with the possibility of an extension based on satisfactory performance and funding availability.
The annual basic salary level for this affiliate support position is USD 24,875.00 plus social security contribution at 14% of the base salary. In addition, IDLO affers a comprehensive leave package as well as medical insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via our website: www.idlo.int/jobs and submit the completed resume and cover letter.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline is June 20, 2021 (23:59 hrs Rome time) and kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.