Community Engagement Officer - Bekaa
The Community Engagement Officer will be responsible for providing direct support for the implementation of the Refugee Outreach Volunteer ROV program across programming location in Bekaa.This will include coordination of trainings and capacity building, as well as day-to-day support and guidance for the ROVs, in collaboration with UNHCR counterparts. The Community Engagement Officer will also coordinate the activities of ROVs in the field, providing information materials and holding meetings, in addition to ensuring ROV’s link to the broader Refugee Outreach Volunteer community and UNHCR-led trainings.Finally, the Community Engagement Officer will conduct ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the ROV program. The Community Engagement Officer will have dual reporting lines to the Protection Managers.
The community engagement officer will be responsible for providing direct support and capacity building of 3 MSAs (Municipal Support Assistants) remotely as they would be based in respective municipalities. Locations are in Baalbek, Ain and Qaa. Frequent visits are expected to support them in their roles and providing them with the necessary tools for them to be able to conduct their tasks within their role in the municipality. As the MSA is an UNHCR initiative, the Community Engagement Officer coordinates and continuously communicates to the assigned UNHCR focal point.
- Major responsibilities of the Community Engagement Officer (not exhaustive) are listed below:
- Recruit, train, manage and coach the ROVs;
- Coordinate the activities of the ROVs through regular follow up and regular bi-weekly meetings;
- Provide the volunteers with on-going capacity buildings and organize trainings for them in coordination with UNHCR and IRC’s Protection Team Leader;
- Coordinate closely with the Referral Officer and Protection Monitoring Officer, and Senior Legal Officer to make sure the volunteers are provided with updated information about available services to refugees;
- Coordinate closely with UNHCR Focal Points on ROV and MSA programs.
- Act as a focal point for receiving and following up protection referrals identified by the volunteers;
- Handle all admin and finance matters related to the ROV;
- Monitor and evaluate the work of the ROV; and,
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested by the supervisor.