Senior Manager - Budgeting and Reporting
This position will be based in Beirut and will be the focal person for the IRC Lebanon’s Budget and Grants financial reporting function. This requires a motivated, flexible, problem-solving team player with excellent analytical, communication skills and the ability to prioritize activities and work to tight deadlines.
As part of the finance team of the country office under the supervision of the Deputy Director Finance, the Budget Sr. Manager position will be responsible of managing the day-to-day budget and grants budgeting and reporting tasks. The Sr. Budget Manager ensure the budget and grants management issues are immediately attended to and ensures that donor budgets are prepared in accordance with the IRC and specific donor’s requirements and
are submitted on time.
In addition, this position will ensure that the grants are implemented in compliance with the donor regulations and the IRC requirements, ensure timely submission of the donor financial reports, additionally will develop budget tools and conduct trainings to ensure efficiency in the Budgeting and reporting function.
Lebanon Country Office Fiscal Year Operating Budget
- The Budget and Reporting Sr. Manager will prepare the Lebanon Fiscal Year Country Operating Budget following the IRC standard format for the final review of Deputy Director Finance before further submission.
- Ensures that the country-operating budget is regularly updated and is available for use as a management tool during the development of new proposal budgets and during times of rapid expansion and/or program reduction.
- Provides recommendations to address projected funding shortfalls or lack of funding coverage for each component of the fiscal year budget.
New proposal budget Development
- New proposals budget preparations.
- Prepare budgets for the new proposals and revises existing budgets, ensure all costs are covered not under/over budgeted, in addition to ensure the correct use of the IRC and specific donor budget standard templates and linking it to the donor template.
- Work with the Deputy Director Finance on the monthly Shared Program Cost –SPC for new proposals calculation and monthly allocation.
Grant Management & Reporting
- Ensure the monthly Budget versus Actual (BvA) and spending plan reports for Lebanon grants are uploaded and up-to-date in the BVA system.
- Prepare and updates spending plans for all active grants in conjunction with designated budget holders and SPC calculation projection.
- Review budget spending against spending plans / actual spending, and advise relevant staff on spending status. Request feedback on all over/under spending from budget holders.
- Participates in monthly Grant Review Meetings (GRMs) for grants spending feedback and follow-up on action points identified during the grants meetings.
- Attend and provide input and support to Grants Opening, Project Implementation meetings -PIM and Grant Closing Meetings.
- Provide support and feedback to Operations and Program Managers on all questions regarding the BvA reports and process as BVA Finance Admin.
- In compliance with the donor regulations and the IRC requirements, propose adjustment entries required for the BvA reports and grant financial reports
- Prepare the new budget line codes (T2 codes) and look up codes for new grants, perform upload in SUN system.
- Prepare grants external donor financial reports for review and sign off in country by the Deputy Director Finance and SMT for further submission. Ensures reports are in compliance with the donor reporting template, to be submitted on time as per internal and external contractual requirements.
- In consultation with the Grants Unit, provide review on actual charges transactions and advice on key donor compliance requirements.
- Provide analysis and guidance on staff coverage, salary mapping in addition to the Shared Program Cost –SPC coverage and allocations for Deputy Director Finance final review and further approval
- Provide analysis review of grants spending plans vs actual spending
- Perform the Finance verification of Purchase Requests to ensure: Items are allowable, allocable and reasonable; Budget remaining balances are adequate; Accuracy of information included of: Items charging codes are correct and Mathematical calculation of total amounts
Staff Training (Finance & Non-Finance)
- Assist the Deputy Director Finance in conducting regular staff training and induction sessions for Program, Operations, Finance, Lebanon Field Offices staff on Budgeting and reporting topics, such as: Budget management, review grant actuals and reports… etc
- Build the capacity of the budgeting and reporting finance team on the following:
- Work closely with the team to build their capacity in budgeting and reporting aspects where needed.
- Able to transfer the know/ how of the donor reports, realignments, proposals.
- Reconciliation with the financial report tool and accounting system.
- Operating Budget development and quarterly updates.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to Deputy Director Finance
The position directly supervises:Budget and Reporting Sr. officer and Officers.
Lebanon CO SMT, Grants Unit, Program Coordinators, Finance, and budget holders.