Support Services Team Leader
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Support Services Team Leader – Şanlıurfa.
About the Job
Overall purpose of the role is to ensure full compliance with DRC’s operations handbook on finance, administration and HR. Oversee and manage the finance, administration, and HR departments. Ensure effective budgetary control, and adherence to DRC and donor policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that thorough and effective budgetary control is in place, and ensure accountability and donor compliance in all financial documentation.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly financial reports and their timely submission to the country office.
- Responsible for maintenance of a Master Budget for base/area, ensure that resource mobilization is realistic and meets the needs of support functions, by using the operations budget to input to donor proposals.
- Responsible for training and provision of support to program staff in understanding financial obligations and minimum requirements in collaboration with the Country Office.
- Budget holder for all support services lines, responsible for budget monitoring and forecasting for support service budgets.
- Work with senior managers to monitor the budgets for all grants on a monthly basis.
Human Resources, Administration & IT
- Oversee efficient Human Resource Management of DRC contracted employees.
- Ensure that quarterly tasks are completed on time (such as staff induction, Code of Conduct training and leave planning)
- Oversee HR procedures based on the global people policy, including recruitment, development, performance, contracts, well-being and people planning.
- Oversee staff capacity building, devising and implementing capacity building plan together with HR, PMs and the Area Manager.
- Ensure full implementation and adherence to all DRC internal policies and procedures as well as local law regulations
- Ensure DRC’s office, staff house, MFSS’s premises rental agreements are in place and extended in due time, the premises are properly administered
- Appropriate guidance and support extended to IT unit and IT related requirements are fulfilled at all DRC’s premises.
Logistic and Procurement Support
- Ensure procurement procedures are followed and procurement is initiated and completed in timely and efficient manner
- Ensure compliance with the DRC procurement policies at the area/base level.
- Procurement plans are devised, implemented and updated on regular basis
- Advise fleet focal point and be decision maker for fleet movement and/or cancellations
- Have close relationship with the Country Supply Chain Manager to ensure each of the sub departments (procurement, fleet, assets, IT) have targets and are meeting them, in line with Operation Handbook procedures.
- Monitoring Finance, HR, Admin and S&C functions in terms of legal compliance, suggesting corrective actions whenever necessary.
- In close coordiantion with Risk and Compliance Coordiantor, ensure that area support operations are fully compliant with Personal Data Protection Law (KVKK).
- Identify any possible risk in the area of operation and inform the Country Office.
- Assist Risk and Compliance Coordinator to conduct compliance reviews/audits on periodic basis in field offices.
To be successful in this role, you must have a university degree in Finance and Business administration, political science, international development, economics or equivalent professional qualification.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience at a similar level, at least 1 year of management experience.
- Sound knowledge on cost planning, budgeting, and financial reporting
- Experience in management of HR and administrative teams
- Good knowledge of procurement procedures of INGOs
- Experience of working with DRC’s main donors (DANIDA, UN Agencies, ECHO, KFW, SDC etc.)
- Full professional proficiency in Turkish & English. Arabic will be an added value
- Experience in negotiating access for humanitarian or other agencies
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 12 Months
Employment Band: M-G
Designation of Duty Station: Şanlıurfa Office
Start date: 01.07.2021
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 11.06.2021
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.