Accommodation Program Officer
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. In response to the arrival of refugees in Greece in 2015, the IRC has been offering SMS, WASH, Livelihoods and Protection services to children, women and people in need of mental health support. IRC Hellas currently has offices in Athens and on Lesvos, Chios and Samos.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Accommodation Program Officer will provide support for the set-up of a Supported Independent Living – SIL program. S/he will identify appropriate apartments for the safe accommodation of adolescents and young adults and will undertake all processes for their rental and set up. S/he will undertake any administrative tasks related to the registration of these apartments in the National Registry, as needed.
Key working relationships:
- Position Reports to: SIL Unit Coordinator
- Internal collaborations within IRC: Finance; Supply Chain.
- External collaborations to IRC: Apartment owners, real estate agencies, public services, other actors and NGOs.
- Identify 5 apartments that are safe to accommodate adolescents and young adults and abide by standards, policies and regulations;
- Liaise with apartment owners and real estate agents and undertake the leasing of the apartments, ensuring that IRC and donor processes are being followed;
- In close cooperation with the Supply Chain department, submit purchase and procurement requests for the equipment of the apartments and follow up on these processes;
- Submit a procurement plan after accessing the needs of the program;
- Coordinate with civil engineers on the issuance of certifications and documents of the apartments necessary for the registration of the apartments in the National Registry;
- Ensure that all documents obtained are accurate and are submitted to the relevant IRC departments;
- Support other operational tasks for the set-up of the apartments;
- Translate program related documents, when needed;
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with program staff and team members and promote a strong team spirit.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with IRC Operational policies;
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.