Present in Sierra Leone since 1999, IRC supports the Sierra Leonean institutions – government, civil society, community-based organizations and private sector – to provide improved social services, decrease youth unemployment and mitigate gender-based violence. IRC do this through programs and partnerships designed to improve the life of women, youth and children by implementing Health, Education, Youth and Gender Based Violence programming. IRC has a Country Program office in Freetown, a Regional Field Office in Kenema, Field Offices in Kono, Kailahun and Bo.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, and Anti-Retaliation.”
Purpose of The Job: The IRC, along with its Consortium partner has bid for a funding opportunity from ECHO in a Covid-19 Vaccination Implementation Consortium as a sub-agency. The Covid-19 Vaccination Consortium seeks to support the Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MoHS) by ensuring healthcare workers receive COVID19 vaccination and in turn reduce the risk of health personnel transmitting the virus to patients in their care, many of whom may already have underlying health conditions that could place them at an elevated risk for COVID19 mortality and severe morbidity.
The IRC is recruiting for three (3) Health Program Managers (PM) for the Covid-19 Vaccination programme in Sierra Leone for Pujehun, Bonthe and Moyamba Districts. The PM will hold the overall responsibility for supporting the implementation of the Covid-19 vaccination programme in their respective districts. Working in close collaboration with the Senior Health Coordinator, Project Coordinator, the DHMT and other key stakeholders in the districts, the PM will play a key role in ensuring that the Covid-19 vaccination programme is implemented to a high technical standard and is in full alignment with relevant national policies and protocols. The Covid-19 vaccination PM will work under the oversight of the Project Coordinator.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical oversight to all district vaccinators activities, ensure excellent communication with the Project Coordinator and Senior Health Coordinator
- Provide ongoing technical advice and mentorship on implementation of the Covid19 vaccination plan
- Provide support to DHMT on how to interpret and interrogate the covid19 qualitative and quantitative data for decision making
- Ensure adherence to the district level monitoring plan and timeline
- Conduct regular field visits to the targeted Community Health Centers (CHCs) in the respective districts to monitor performance of the Covid-19 vaccinators and provide on-the-job support to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with project standards/policies.
- Ability to navigate the Commcare/PowerBI system and make suggestions to adapt the program based on interpretations and data analysis
- Provide high level management advice to DMO
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator to prepare all donor reports for the Covid-19 program, as needed
- Work alongside the Project Coordinator and M&E Officer to provide technical support to HCWs on Covid-19 vaccination
- Identify and resolve project issues and implements improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule and within budget
- Represent IRC at relevant COVID-19 consultations and meetings in the respective districts
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator and Senior Health Coordinator
- Ensure efficient utilization of the budget allocated to the district. Keep track of Budget-vs-Actual, financial reports, and spending plans
- Promptly respond to all budget-related inquiries.
·Must not be listed with the Government Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MoHS) and should not possess a pin code.
Key Working Relationships:
External: Ministry of Health and Sanitation, DHMT, District Councils, Community structures
Internal: Senior Health Coordinator, Project Coordinator, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, District Delivery Senior Managers and IRC Field ManagerUpdate