Client IT Projects Analyst
Background information - ITG
The UNOPS Information Technology Group (ITG) unit is focused on innovation and harnessing cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs.
Working with UNOPS IT Group is a unique opportunity to deliver systems to users around the world - making an impact on development and solving practical problems for the UNOPS workforce and thereby help people build better lives and countries achieve peace and sustainable development.
ITG’s goal is to provide greater effectiveness, efficiency, and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. UNOPS IT Group is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS IT infrastructure and business applications. The unit includes Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Solutions Designers, Developers and QA Testers from all around the world who are based primarily in Denmark and Thailand.
Background Information - Job-specific
The Client IT Projects function within ITG exists to provide direct support for UNOPS projects, leveraging technology to help achieve their outputs while retaining an overall perspective on how solutions can provide benefits for UNOPS and its projects’ beneficiaries globally.
UNOPS is seeking a Client IT Projects Analyst who has a strong ability and motivation to identify how technology can support projects under UNOPS’ global portfolio, and to then effectively support the translation of that potential into high quality products while bringing diverse groups of stakeholders together towards a common goal.
1. Client IT Projects Analysis
Analyse new UNOPS client projects as they arise for the potential involvement of the Client IT Projects team
Provide high level monitoring of projects under the Client IT portfolio as they progress, identifying relevant risks, issues and lessons learned as they arise
Identify common trends across projects which may inform standardised approaches
Develop good working relationships with internal project stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
Coordinate between the Client IT Projects team and other relevant UNOPS business units as relevant to the project context
Contribute to knowledge sharing activities from the Client IT Projects team, identifying relevant successes and failures through which UNOPS personnel globally can benefit
Support the continuing effective collaboration between ITG internal teams by through proactive communication with all ITG personnel
Actively engage in internal Communities of Practice (COPs) to highlight the work of the Client IT Projects team where appropriate, and ensure that relevant personnel remain aware of the services provided by UNOPS ITG
Remain informed about new, developing technologies and their real world applications in solving problems
Participate in formal and informal UN and other professional technology networks as appropriate
Assist in the preparation and review of various written documents relevant to the project management of Client IT Projects and to ITG’s Project Management Framework
Prepare and participate in presentations and webinars for internal and external audiences
Assist in identifying success metrics in technology products and the subsequent efficient measurement of these metrics
Support the development and the maintenance of a coherent and scalable reporting framework to inform on progress consistently across a range of Client IT Project activities
Assist in the development of documented, standard processes that allow the Client IT Projects team to provide sustainable and equitable assistance to a diverse portfolio of individual projects within the constraints of available resources
Ensure that standardised process remain aligned with existing and developing standards frameworks throughout UNOPS
Proactively identify opportunities for Client IT Projects to embed within its working processes and products strategic goals such as environmental sustainability, gender equality, health & safety and inclusion
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Master’s Degree, preferably in a technology and/or international development related field, or other relevant discipline is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of master’s degree.
- Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master's degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience required in the area of project management, project analysis, or project support is required
- Good experience with stakeholder communication and management required
- Experience developing detailed, analytical written reports for culturally diverse stakeholders is required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- Strong interest in new, developing technologies and their real world applications is required
- Good understanding of IT required
- Experience in data management / analysis / visualization would be an advantage
- Experience in operations or delivery of IT projects would be an advantage
- Experience working in International Organizations would be an advantage
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: International ICA Contract level: I-ICA 1
Contract duration: Ongoing ICA – Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
UN City in Copenhagen - short presentation:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.