Emergency Finance & Administration Consultant
FHI 360 is harnessing its four decades of development experience to provide humanitarian assistance in crisis-affected countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response Team (CRT) meets the urgent needs of people whose lives are jeopardized by conflict, disaster or displacement. FHI 360’s Crisis Response Team is looking to expand operations and technical programming in Cabo Delgado, Mozambique to respond to the current crisis. FHI 360 is responding to the conflict by intervening in the health, nutrition, WASH, and protection sectors.
Scope of Work
In this particular context, the Crisis Response Team requires the services of a highly skilled Emergency Finance and Administration Consultant to support HQ staff by managing all finances and accounting during the start-up period of the project. The Emergency Finance and Admin Consultant will ensure accounting and compliance standards are met, complete monthly financial reporting, and manage cash flow. Furthermore, the Emergency Finance and Admin Consultant will oversee the budget and update budget projections in collaboration with budget holders and HQ Finance on an as needed basis. The consultant will also collaborate closely with the field team and HQ departments to ensure a successful project launch. The consultant must also have a strong background in humanitarian programming and experience with rapid start-ups.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Provide comprehensive management of business support and compliance functions for the response, including the implementation of financial standard operating procedures.
· Provide technical guidance on Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP), GAS (Government Auditing Standards), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
· Oversee payments to beneficiaries and vendor ensuring that payments are received on time and recorded accurately based on FHI 360 financial guidelines.
· Implement an effective project office cash flow management for best efficiency, including maintain an adequate buffer balance for emergency situation. Ensure that systems are working for project cash and payments requests to be processed on time.
· Provide relevant fiscal information to the senior management team, elevating red flags or financial risks such as project overspends or underspends to the Response Coordinator.
· Develop a formal reporting system to communicate results of audit activities to management and regulatory compliance agencies.
· Manage the activities of the finance staff and ensure that finance staff are adequately trained to be able to support the financial health of the response.
· Develop, and evaluate personnel under their management to ensure the efficient operation of the program.
· Lead all financial business and compliance functions for all areas of intervention **
· Implement best practices and ensure financial standard operating procedures for the program**
Location of Work
Cabo Delgado, Mozambique
Important Note: Applicant should research COVID-19 measures and the associated risks of this location before submitting an application.
Level of Effort: 3 months with possible extension
Period of Engagement: Mid-June to Mid-September 2021
Travel and accommodations are provided
Timetable and Address for Submission
Applications must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 14 June 2021 , 11:59PM EDT. Please send by email to CrisisResponse@fhi360.org with subject line “Emergency Finance and Administration Consultant – Crisis Response”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent, experience in Finance or Business Administration preferred
- 5 – 8 years of professional work experience managing finances in humanitarian settings
- Experience establishing startup operations/projects in new countries highly preferred
- Expert knowledge of corporate accounting practices including in depth experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other financial regulations and standards.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting Government Accounting, CAS and FAR regulations.
- Excellent computer and systems skills required. Advanced skills in MS Excel required and major financial accounting and reporting software (Deltek Costpoint and/or MS Navision or equivalent) preferred. QuickBooks knowledge helpful.
Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency or related industry experience
Sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned area
Fluency in verbal and written English required, fluency in Portuguese is seen as an asset
Proposals will be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
- Knowledge of standard protocols of essential logistical processes
- Expertise in humanitarian programming
- Consultancy experience with similar organizations
Proposals must include the following components:
- Current CV
- Cover letter (max one page) summarizing experience
Name and contract details of two professional references
Your consulting daily rate. Please note that rate should be all inclusive; no separate hazard pay or daily allowance will be provided.
FHI 360 Disclaimers
· FHI 360 may perform a background check on any selected Consultant candidates.
· FHI 360 may cancel the solicitation and not award
· FHI 360 may reject any or all responses received
· Issuance of the solicitation does not constitute an award commitment by FHI 360
· FHI 360 reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on failure of the offeror to follow solicitation instructions
· FHI 360 will not compensate any offeror for responding to solicitation
· FHI 360 reserves the right to issue award based on initial evaluation of offers without further discussion
· FHI 360 may choose to award only part of the activities in the solicitation, or issue multiple awards based on the solicitation activities
· FHI 360 reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition**
Applications must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 14 June 2021, 11:59PM EDT. Please send by email to CrisisResponse@fhi360.org with subject line “Emergency Finance and Administration Consultant – Crisis Response”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.