Senior IT Associate, G7_RBDakar, Senegal
JOB TITLE: Senior IT Associate - Infrastructure support
Contract Type: GS 7 (General Service)
Duty Station (City, Country): Regional Bureau for Western Africa, RBD, Dakar, Senegal
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change.
Our response to emergencies - saving lives and livelihoods either through direct assistance, or by strengthening country capacities – remains at the heart of our operations, especially as humanitarian needs become increasingly complex and protracted, such as those brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.
WHY WORK WITH US?
This position is based in our Regional Bureau in Dakar (RBD), Senegal. This Regional Bureau covers a broad and remarkably diverse set of countries in West and Central Africa.
RBD provides strategic guidance, policy/technical support and direction to WFP operations and activities in 19 countries in the region which is an amazing mix of cultures, people, and diversity.
At WFP, we offer:
▶️ Meaningful and impactful careers:
Our day to day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve
▶️Continuous learning and training:
We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers
▶️ Multicultural and stimulating work environment:
We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger
Join us to make a difference, watch this video to know more about us!!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Regional IT Infrastructure Manager, the Senior IT Associate for Infrastructure support - will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and support of the Regional-Bureau IT infrastructure – including but not limited to the following key duties:
- Planning for the Regional-Bureau Network, Cybersecurity and Business Continuity, Telephony/UC and Audio/Video Conferencing, Servers/Application/Virtualization/Storage/Backup services in accordance with WFP corporate IT standards
- Coordinate effective support from external contractors/partners and other UN agencies as necessary
Design / Develop
- Setup IT Infrastructures through the design, system configuration and coordinating system installation, documentation following corporate standards.
- Design and implementation of new solutions
- Work on preparation of bids and IT services negotiation with Suppliers/Service-Providers
Brand Management and Positioning
- Support the management of WFP’s brand among key external stakeholders as a UN agency with a dual humanitarian and development mandate and a trusted development partner.
- In close contact with relevant colleagues from the Country Office, support the development of WFP’s value proposition and specific offerings in the areas of rural transformation, sustainable infrastructure, and human capital development, and contribute to the process of project design, where necessary.
- Focal point for the installation, configuration and maintenance of Regional-Bureau IT solution/system
- Maximizes IT performance by monitoring performance, analyses and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes – or fine tuning - to rectify any deficiencies or to enhance performance.
- Troubleshoots IT issues, schedules upgrade
- Support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy.
- Upgrades IT equipment to latest stable firmware releases.
- Monitors network traffic to identify failures or to spot potential performance or bottleneck issues-and take corrective action where needed
Audio and Video Conferencing
- Implementation, operation and maintenance of audio and video conferencing systems
- Support for major network related activities and incidents, including investigation of network issues and liaises with ITSD, HQ Team and third parties as necessary.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves problems.
- Documents problems and resolutions for future reference.
Policies, Processes & Standards
- Ensure adherence to policies, processes, and standards.
Cybersecurity and Business Continuity
- Cybersecurity including management of Access Control, Antivirus/Antimalware software, behavioural analytics, data loss prevention, firewalls/UTM, Mobile devices security, access rights, password protection, Network segmentation, VPNs, Web-Security, Wired/Wireless security, Security information and Event management etc.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive disaster recovery plans.
- Works with vendors/suppliers to resolve IT problems.
- Support in negotiation efforts for contracts with external vendors/suppliers or individuals.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree in Computer Sciences, IT Engineering, or equivalent
- Additional certifications related to Network & System Management is highly desirable.
- At least 5 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in providing IT services/solutions, with most recent 3 years at Network & System area;
- Experience in IT environments, preferably in large international organizations
- ‘Hands On’ Cisco technology experience is required
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, and good customer service orientation
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Good general IT skills with strong skill level in Network & System area.
- Knowledge of information Systems Security, IT Infrastructure technologies
- CISCO Networking Certified Engineer – CCNP is required
- Knowledge and Experience across Best Practice Methodologies such as ITIL would be an asset
- Fluency level C both in French and English language is required
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
17 June 2021
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on race, sex, colour, ethnic group, age, sexual orientation, other affiliation, or HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.