Data Base Assistant, Temporary Appointment, GS5, Brasilia, Brazil post#116387
Under the supervision of the Marketing Officer (Information and Analysis), the Database Assistant is responsible to support the supervisor in analyzing various types of information related to donor data, support the supervisor during the decision-making process based on a practical and data-driven approach and be responsible for the database maintenance processes, run routines and attend specific demands or exceptions related to the automatic processes generated by active donors.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, results
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries.
The Database Assistant will be responsible to assist the supervisor in the business processes analysis; help to identify problems within the business routines, including through data modelling techniques; research and suggest for new ways and tools for businesses improvement; assist in the implementation of new technology and systems - activities that will contribute to improve database processes and PFP results.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Marketing Officer (Information and Analysis), the Database Assistant is responsible to support the supervisor in analyzing various types of information related to donor data, support the supervisor during the decision-making process based on a practical and data-driven approach and be responsible for the database maintenance processes, run routines and attend specific demands or exceptions related to the automatic processes generated by active donors. The activities include
- Support direct marketing campaigns, identifying improvements and problems, segmentations, and other processes in the database to ensure assertiveness of the actions;
- Suggest improvements and carry out data cross-checking whenever relevant;
- Help to identify opportunities to improve UNICEF’s database to generate reports that are increasingly aligned with business needs;
- Assist the importing process of donors and prospects data from different channels and suppliers, such as F2F, digital, call centers and online payment gateway, so that it is done following the security and quality standards;
- Support to identify critical points in the processes already implemented, aiming to identify constant improvements of the processes/systems and help the supervisor to adapt them to what is most appropriate for the area;
- Assist in the development and support the process for controlling and monitoring routines to minimize errors and risks;
- Database operation
- Import and export the different bases into the database and accessory systems; by the established deadline;
- Support in identifying the inconsistencies of the Database and propose solutions to the supervisor and team;
- Support in the development of interfaces between the Database and systems such as website, call center, payment gateway and others;
- Collaborate in the implementation of a new CRM and data migration by adapting routines, when requested;
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required. A university degree or be enrolled in a graduate school programme in IT, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Administration, Economics or related areas is an asset.
- At least five years of experience in data entry and data management;
- Intermediate SQL Server and database knowledge;
- Intermediate data modeling methods knowledge;
- Basic Direct marketing metrics knowledge.
- Knowledge of advanced statistics, business intelligence and / or data mining tools;
- Knowledge of research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative);
- Working with a database or CRM (customer relationship management) system is an important asset.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese. Knowledge of Spanish will be considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability;
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, representing the diversity of Brazil, such as black and indigenous people, to apply to become a part of our organization. Candidates will be equally considered regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, social and HIV/aids status.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Candidates must be Brazilian citizens or have a valid work permit.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
All candidates who wish to apply to this Vacancy Announcement are requested to prepare and submit their application in English.