Basic Education Trainer
|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, such as Social Science, Education, Development, or a Diploma in Education.
- Experience of working in the Jubaland State of Somalia is highly preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in teaching, preferably with low literacy learners.
- Previous experience working with youth at risk & or working on the return & reintegration of at risk groups is a considerable advantage.
- Must be fluent in English & Somali.
- Must be able to adapt lessons for adults with a low literacy level.
- Desirable experience in developing & implementing community based learning projects.
- Must be able to integrate a variety of teaching strategies & curriculum content.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral & written communications skills, with keen attention to detail, interpersonal skills & effective communication.
- Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.