Administrative Assistant (Re-advertisement)
San Jose (Philippines)
Post Number : 3CRADM0713RP
Grade : G-5
Parent Sector : Sector For Administration and Management (ADM)
Duty Station: San Jose
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 30-JUN-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only candidates who are entitled to work in Costa Rica can apply to this positionOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the averall delegated authority of the Director/Head of the Office and the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Offlcer (CFO) or Senior Finance and Administrative Assistant, as applicable, the incumbent is involved in the completion of standard administrative support activities and processes as per UNESCO Rules and Regulations.
As a team member, the incumbent provides administrative and support services in processing transactions, control and maintenano of acounts and databases, and préparation of routine reports, correspondence and administrative documentation.
- Assist in the préparation of documents/reports.
- Compile, verify and maintain records of transactions and Office activities.
- Classify and code materiat relating to a number of subject areas and maintains general office files.
- Search Office files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and référence from automated Systems.
- Select information and record in correspondence, technical papers, project/programme plans and general reference documents.
- Draft routine correspondence, mémorandums and reports.
- Process payments.
- Provide information, exptanations and guidance on basic rules and procedures.
- Ensure that the accounting records (disbursement and receipts documents) and corresponding justifications are complete and properly filed.
- Act as bank focal point; carry on thé réconciliation and follow up on bank documents.
- Ensure that monthly bank statements of accounts of the Office are received on time for the monthty closing of accounts.
- Verify transactions and check data/figures; identify and correct errors/anomalies and assist to input corrective action in IRIS, SISTER etc.
- Extract data from automated Systems or other sources and prépare documents for processing; malntainance date database and follow up on personnel files.
- Assist staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards, driving licenses and other necessary personnel-related documents in accordance with requirements of thé organization and thé host country.
- Collect applications for vacancies and conduct référence checks;
- Coordinate interview schedules, prépare agenda and documentation.
- Make arrangements for shipment and receipt of office and project supplies and equipment and household effects, including customs clearance.
- Follow up on requests by tracking and collecting orders (goods and services), check that goods and services are received according to thé terms of thé Pro forma (time, quantlty, quality).
- Maintain and monitor stock levels of various supply items.
- Liaise with companies and différent host country's administration.
- Follow up air tickets purchase and payments, prepare travel authorizations , track security certificates and make travel and hotel reservations.
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational school.
- A minimum of 5 (five) years of work experience in administration, finance and/or related field.
Skills and Competencies
- Sense of integrity, confidentiality, commitment and reliability.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and database packages.
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English and/or Spanish and very good knowledge of the other one.
- Training/certification in accounting, finance or administration.
- Experience within an UN agency or other international organization.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of UNESCO rules, administrative procedures and standard practices.
- Knowledge of ERP (Entreprise Resource Planning), such as SAP (Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing) or others.
- Knowledge of budget and finance practices.
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.