Administrative Assistant (Re-advertisement)
San Jose (Philippines)
Post Number : 3CRADM0701RP
Grade : G-4
Parent Sector : Sector For Administration and Management (ADM)
Duty Station: San Jose
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 30-JUN-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only candidates who are entitled to work in Costa Rica can apply to this positionOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall delegated authority of the Director/Head of the Office and the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer (CFO) or the Senior Finance and Administrative Assistant, as applicable, the incumbent provides a series of administrative support services in compliance with UNESCO Rules and Regulations, practices, standards and procedures. Essential responsabilities include:
- Act as certifying officer up to the authorized level delegated by the CFO.
- Draft and prepare routine correspondence, memoranda and non-substantive reports.
- Maintain confidential and general files and establish reference Systems.
- Assist in the preparation of budgetary and financial reports, statistics or projections for managers'use.
- Review draft reports, verify overall accuracy and consistency, cross-check consistency of figures.
- Provide guidance and interpretation on non-complex administrative rules, regulations and procedures.
- Assist and inform the supervisor on financial status, by using management information Systems and reporting.
- Code, record and reconcile accounting transactions.
- Verify and process payments, maintain specifie accounts, prepare routine reports, calculate and compile financial data.
- Generale expenditure reports from the automated Systems.
- Provide assistance and guidance to staff on basic financial procedures, requirements related to payments, and on banking and currency provisions.
- Act as bank focal point in charge of réconciliation and follow up on bank documents.
Budget Accountabilities :
- Monitor and control commitments and expenditures.
- Keep track of budget levels and alert the superviser and concerned managers to avoid potential shortfalls in funds.
- Generale expenditure reports from automated information System databases and compile budget data.
- Assist in the preparation, cost estimation and finalization of budget reports, carry out preliminary analysis of variances between budgets and actual expenditures.
HR Accountabilities :
- Assist in HR administrative matters in drafting correspondence and other documents for personnel actions, in following-up on coming HR actions, in maintaining database.
- Process salaries, entitlements, claims, non-staff contracts etc. as per to estabtished guidelines and procedures.
- Provide assistance, advice and briefings to newly arrived staff, experts and consultants on basic procedures in assisting/supporting in issues related to visas, identity cards, driving licences and other necessary personnel-related documentation in accordance with requirements by the Organization and host country (liaise, as required, with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
- Assist in pre-recruitment formalities and provide support on the conduct of the recruitment process..
- Make arrangements, assist and advise on shipping in liaising with customs.
- Assist and provide guidance in preparation of travel plans and in preparation of purchase orders and contracts.
- Assist in all security related matters. May liaise and cooperate with UNDSS on matters related to safety and security.
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational school.
- A minimum of 3 (three) years of work experience in administrative, secretarial support and/or related field.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent skills in drafting correspondence, accurate typing and attention to details.
- Discretion and cooperative behaviour and attitude to work in a team successfully.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to establish good working relationships with external and internal partners.
- Excellent knowledge of IT skills, with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English and/or Spanish and very good knowledge for the other one.
- Experience in an international environment.
- Experience in the field of administrative and secretarial support.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of budget and finance practices.
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.