Programme Assistant (Information & Knowledge Management)
Côte d'ivoire (Cote d'Ivoire)
JOB TITLE: Programme Associate (Information and Knowledge Management)
Contract Type: SSA
Contract duration: 4 months (possibility for extension)
Duty Station (City, Country): Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
COUNTRY CONTEXT/ ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
The Regional Centre of Excellence against Hunger and Malnutrition (CERFAM) is the result of the strategic partnership agreement between the government of Côte d’Ivoire and the World Food Programme (WFP). CERFAM aims at assisting countries in Africa to develop and implement sustainable policies and programs that are aimed at addressing hunger and eliminating malnutrition in accordance with the United Nations 2030 Agenda and the African Union 2063 Agenda.
CERFAM’s mission is to contribute to advancing the process of implementing the Sustainable Development Goal #2 (SDG 2) and to respond to the growing number of requests from governments to strengthen national capacities and knowledge management, as well as enhanced South-South cooperation in the area of food security and nutrition.
CERFAM has a two-fold service offer 1. Identify, document, and promote good practices against hunger and malnutrition and 2. Be a catalyst to facilitate the mobilization and deployment of expertise for the implementation of good practices against hunger and malnutrition through South-South cooperation and capacity-building.
To achieve its objective, CERFAM has developed an online platform for knowledge exchange and expertise mobilization. The CERFAM’s Knowledge Exchange Platform (KEPT), composed of four main components, allows its users to:
1. Good Practice database
i) Submit good practices to share with the stakeholders in the areas related to food security and nutrition. The good practices submitted are reviewed and validated by external experts. As a learning process, this review could serve to improve future project/programme of the submitter.
ii) Access good practices reviewed by a Committee of Experts in the thematic. The users can inspire from the good practices to design/run their own projects/programmes.
2. Expert Roster
i) Register as technical expert for providing technical assistance. CERFAM strives to partner with experts for various technical fields (such as analysis, mapping, data collection, monitoring and evaluation etc.) in different thematic areas. The experts will be part of a pool that may be mobilized and deployed for the provision of technical assistance for the planning, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmes or review of potential candidates for good practice.
ii) Users can view the basic information about the CERFAM’s Expert Roster, such as number of experts divided by geographical locations and the types of assistance provided by them. Users can request CERFAM for technical assistance for replication of good practice supported by CERFAM’s partner experts.
3. Expert forum
i) Discuss technical questions with experts/other practitioners and share their insight through a dedicated forum
4. Follow-up of good practice replication
i) Follow up the implementation (replication, upscaling, etc.) of good practices facilitated by CERFAM
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNEMENT:
Under the general supervision of CERFAM’s Director and the direct supervision of the Head of Operation Unit and in close collaboration with the Knowledge Management officer, you will support the information and knowledge management workstreams of CERFAM, including managing its digital knowledge exchange platform (KEPT), populating it with quality content, maintain discussions at the expert forum and prepare communication/knowledge products, webinars and events relating to KEPT .
Additional tasks include supporting the documentation and information sharing of good practices and lessons learnt on food security, nutrition, and food systems interventions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within delegated authority, the Programme Associate will report to the Head of Operation Unit.
You will perform the following tasks:
- Support the running of the Knowledge Exchange Platform of CERFAM (“KEPT”) and its four main components;
- Support the handling and continuous updating of information and knowledge on KEPT;
- Assist in the preparation of conferences, technical missions, workshops, meetings, and any other relevant events of knowledge exchange including the preparation of briefing documents, concept notes, admin notes and other relevant documentation;
- Develop and edit event reports, NFRs, minutes and other reporting material
- Support the submission of good practices in KEPT with WFP Country Offices and Regional Bureau as well as other partner organisations (UN agencies, NGO, Research Centre etc.)
- Provide assistance in the management of CERFAM roster of technical experts including facilitating their registration on KEPT and assist in technical data management
- Animate the exchanges on KEPT’s expert forum through moderation and linking queries to appropriate experts.
- Support the development of internal communications and social media content relating to CERFAM knowledge sharing, utilizing platforms, networks, and partners websites to enhance coverage of CERFAM activities
- Develop various visibility and advocacy products on KEPT targeting different audiences (key messages, factsheets, 2 pagers, impact stories, briefing notes, videos etc.)
- Perform other related tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Political Science, Social Sciences, Communication, Information Management, or other field relevant to international development assistance.
- At least two (02) years of professional experience in international development, including evidence of information/knowledge management and/or communication experience with a desired link in humanitarian and/or community development.
- Experience in information, technology & knowledge management, or communication.
- Experience in managing knowledge exchange platforms, such as KEPT
- Strong analytic, drafting and reporting skills, including preparation of presentations, charts, and infographics.
- Experience in multicultural environments and working with staff from other cultures and background is an asset.
- Experience in working with UN agencies, Development Partners, High level authorities, local governments or NGO is desirable.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENT:
- Demonstrated ability on graphic design and digital platforms
- Ability to work independently in a timely and organized manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to explore and experiment new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Ability to work in a team and multi-task as needed.
- Fluency level C both in French and English language is required
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
03 June 2021
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on race, sex, colour, ethnic group, age, sexual orientation, other affiliation, or HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
WHY WORK WITH US?
At WFP, we offer:
▶️ Meaningful and impactful careers:
Our day to day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve
▶️Continuous learning and training:
We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers
▶️ Multicultural and stimulating work environment:
We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger
You want to know more about the CERFAM? Watch this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmtR3dNZdOs